Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

11 hours ago, LiquidAK said:

Him absolutely clattering Mbappe around the 80th minute got a genuine cheer out of me. What a performance 

Did he get up and then go and smash into someone else, just after the whistle went?  Absolute beast of a man.  

Showed a nice change of gear to get back for the Dembele chance.  Knocks him off balance at the last second. 

His top end speed has always been pretty decent, acceleration is the difficulty with his frame. Reminds me of Thomas Partey making Antony look like he was running through treacle last season at some point once he hit top speed.

Mega performance and great leadership last night.

Over the moon for him. 

Mind boggling when you start to think of how many careers Bruce has fucked in his time as a manager. Jamaal was probably about ready for the PL scrapheap pre-takeover. 

4 hours ago, BlazeT44 said:

Great performance and very happy that he got the opportunity to lead Newcastle out on a night like that. Well deserved.

A proper club player. Never complained once (not least in the public eye) and hasn't put a foot wrong when called upon. 

I think he's never complained because he's really loved playing for a massive club. Wherever he goes from here, he'll be able to tell his kids he was part of the team which shut down the mighty PSG in the Champions League.

7 minutes ago, Jared said:

Do we think Lascelles will play on the weekend? Will be 3 games in a week for him hopefully he has the fitness

The alternative would be Hall at LB and Burn for Lascelles

Mental how everytime there is talk of squad rotation whether it be a cup game or league

Burn is always the guy replacing the guy who needs resting in people's teams

He plays more minutes than most!

Edited by jack j

I think people are getting carried away, I know Howe has improved a lot of players but if people think we should stick with Lascelles in the summer and not strengthen I think they're very naive.

He's done great the last few games no question about it, but I think he has a ceiling as a player and that's mid-table PL at best.

He hasn't proven he's capable over a long enough period ever, even Dummett had a blinder against City. Do you honestly believe he should be retained aswell?

He may have improved under Howe, but he's never going to be comfortable enough on the ball to play for us long term for where we want to be.

People will point to Almiron and Joelinton as examples, but even Almiron who has performed out of his skin since Howe came in will need upgrading in the summer.

I know this is super negative considering how he's played the last few games, but I still believe we will need better come next season if we really want to challenge the top boys.

13 hours ago, Alberto2005 said:

I think people are getting carried away, I know Howe has improved a lot of players but if people think we should stick with Lascelles in the summer and not strengthen I think they're very naive.

He's done great the last few games no question about it, but I think he has a ceiling as a player and that's mid-table PL at best.

He hasn't proven he's capable over a long enough period ever, even Dummett had a blinder against City. Do you honestly believe he should be retained aswell?

He may have improved under Howe, but he's never going to be comfortable enough on the ball to play for us long term for where we want to be.

People will point to Almiron and Joelinton as examples, but even Almiron who has performed out of his skin since Howe came in will need upgrading in the summer.

I know this is super negative considering how he's played the last few games, but I still believe we will need better come next season if we really want to challenge the top boys.

I don't think he's improved that much tbh, he's always had a ceiling as a defender in that he is actually a very decent defender, but limited with his ability to bring the ball out. People who slagged him off previously will now revise their opinions to Howe has improved him.

I actually think people get carried away both sides of the argument. He's not the answer for a top side, but at the same time he's still a very capable defender who can cover if our first choice CBs are out.

shows how much respect he has at the club. especially players from that have achieved as much as Tripps has.

squad player - but as soon as he steps onto the pitch, that armband goes straighjt to him.

41 minutes ago, huss9 said:

shows how much respect he has at the club. especially players from that have achieved as much as Tripps has.

squad player - but as soon as he steps onto the pitch, that armband goes straighjt to him.

Was thinking about this today when they were discussing him on one of the youtube channels, but one of the reasons we get results like Wednesday is because we have leaders like Jamal and Tripps. In big games those are the guys who step up. PSG certainly didn't have them, no wonder they keep underachieving.

4 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

[emoji38]

It's not that stupid a question :lol:

Eddie is big on team spirit, competition and players earning their places.  Botman coming straight back in after the way Lascelles has performed kind of goes against that philosophy a bit.

19 minutes ago, loki679 said:

It's not that stupid a question :lol:

Eddie is big on team spirit, competition and players earning their places.  Botman coming straight back in after the way Lascelles has performed kind of goes against that philosophy a bit.

big on team spirit , but he's not daft, and neither is Jamal.