Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

If Lascelles had Lejune’s composure on the ball, and that’s all it is, he’d be one of the best in world football. His time will come, but I feel it will come only with a move away from Newcastle. He may get a cap or two, but to become a central figure for England he will have to be playing regular CL football. As good as he is and has been for us, I also feel a lot if that is down to Rafa coaching him. Anyway at least he will be fresh for next season, providing Ashley doesn’t cash in on him...

Sorry, but no. Lejeune is capable of hitting flat 50 yard passes almost as well as Shelvey, only he doesn't have to do it as often because Jonjo is usually the one making those passes. Lejeune's passing is streets ahead of any other defender at the Toon (or in the England squad, for that matter).

I may be wrong, but I think he is saying that all Lascelles needs is composure on the ball to be a complete centre back? Not that composues iis all Lejeune has?

I reckon if Rafa doesn't stay beyond his contract to next season, Lascelles will be off as well. He really does attribute his recent success down to Rafa's coaching and clearly has massive respect for him.

If Lascelles had Lejune’s composure on the ball, and that’s all it is, he’d be one of the best in world football. His time will come, but I feel it will come only with a move away from Newcastle. He may get a cap or two, but to become a central figure for England he will have to be playing regular CL football. As good as he is and has been for us, I also feel a lot if that is down to Rafa coaching him. Anyway at least he will be fresh for next season, providing Ashley doesn’t cash in on him...

Sorry, but no. Lejeune is capable of hitting flat 50 yard passes almost as well as Shelvey, only he doesn't have to do it as often because Jonjo is usually the one making those passes. Lejeune's passing is streets ahead of any other defender at the Toon (or in the England squad, for that matter).

I may be wrong, but I think he is saying that all Lascelles needs is composure on the ball to be a complete centre back? Not that composues iis all Lejeune has?

I think he's saying Lejeune has better passing as well as composure. Jamaal could do with both maybe? :lol:

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/player-comparison  - Not that we need stats.  Also on the preview it doesn`t look a mess like it does posted ?

17-18 Season                Lascelles            Jones

Clean sheets 9 15

Goals conceded 31 11

Blocks 24                    17

Interceptions 28 41

Tackles 31 25

Tackles won 19 18

Last man tackles 2 0

Clearances         230               129

Headed clearances 140 80

Aerial battles won 128 57

Own goals         0 1

Errors leading to goal 0 0

Penalties conceded 0 0

Goals 3 0

Shots 12 2

Shots on target 8 0

Shooting accuracy %66.67 0

Shooting success %25.00 0

Big chances scored 2 0

Big chances missed 1 1

Passes forward 558 304

Guest Howaythetoon

I think he's saying Lejeune has better passing as well as composure. Jamaal could do with both maybe? :lol:

That’s my thinking aye, although a bit of composure is probably all he needs as you can’t expect him to start passing it about like Lejune does as he doesn’t have that vision or scope.

:lol: It's only been 13 years you fucking cunts.

before i went to any toon games, when i was about 13 and only knew football from the telly, i once professed a liking for the villa team inc. david platt as i quite liked the shirt - my best mates still won't let it go and i'm a villa supporter at every opportunity

that was nearly 30 years ago, so strap in

before i went to any toon games, when i was about 13 and only knew football from the telly, i once professed a liking for the villa team inc. david platt as i quite liked the shirt - my best mates still won't let it go and i'm a villa supporter at every opportunity

:lol:

Villa fan confirmed tbh. watch ur letterbox