Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

Looking at that list, how the fuck did Williamson manage to win a player of the year award? :lol:

Also 14 of the last 15 seasons (15 out of 15 if you include Butt as a defensive player) have been won by defenders, how is that possible given how shite our defense usually. :lol:

2013/2014? Remy was lazy as fuck so despite being our best player wouldn't get. Cabaye jumped ship halfway through the season.

Still, Williamson winning it is fucking ridiculous. Should have been Tiote probably.

It's a very strange list when you look at it properly like.  A lot of steady eddies who probably didn't do a lot wrong.

90s "glory" years we had players like Lee Clark, Venison, Darren Peacock, Watson winning it ahead of all of our flair players, goalscorers, playmakers etc.  Also amazed Santon and Bernard won it once each and had no idea Ciaran Clark won it last year :lol:

How the fuck did Gayle not win last year? :lol:

Injured half the year, plus Clark was actually very important for us:

b79bf3ff8ea7972392f5e69efdee0387.png

Similar to Lascelles this year in a way. :lol:

But he only played half of the year.

I can't remember Santon winning it, like. :lol:

And scored 23 goals.

If you remove penalties (I kna I kna) he would have finished top scorer in the league.

I know, don't disagree. But that's what will have swayed it.

For a club famed for supposedly 'preferring to lose 4-3 than win 1-0' we seem to have a fetish for awarding it to run of the mill defensive players. :lol:

Nowt run of the mill about Venison and Peacock in those seasons, IIRC. And always thought Watson was a wonderful asset. Held back by his versatility.

Guest firetotheworks

1994/95 Barry Venison

1995/96 Darren Peacock

1996/97 Steve Watson

1997/98 David Batty

eh? :lol:

Darren Peacock won NUFC player of year in the same year that Les Ferdinand won the PFA Player of the Year? :lol: Loads of those don't make sense. Loved Venison at the time, but Rob Lee was undoubtedly our best player in 94/95 and the likes of Beardsley, Cole (albeit for half a season), and Fox were all better that season as well.

Guest firetotheworks

But he only played half of the year.

I can't remember Santon winning it, like. :lol:

And scored 23 goals.

If you remove penalties (I kna I kna) he would have finished top scorer in the league.

I know, don't disagree. But that's what will have swayed it.

I agree that that's what will have swayed it, but it shouldn't imo. Same goes for Diame this season for me.

Guest firetotheworks

Krul won in 11/12 as well. :lol: Fucking hell.

The last time we had any attacking player as player of the year was Shearer in 02/03. :lol: That's fucking ridiculous and totally inaccurate like. Krul in 11/12 ffs. :lol:

Clarke’s level is the championship. And he was great for us while we were there but the PL is a different kettle of fish.

It’s a slower type of football but gets lightning fast in or around the box. He just wasn’t equipped for it.

Lascelles on the other hand is still rough around the edges but his positional decision making makes up for a lot of what he lacks in other areas.

As a captain he’s possibly the best we’ve had in he modern game. Certainly equal to Shearer.

I’d be gutted if he left but this lad deserves more than what we can offer.

If he stays then it’ll be because Rafa has big plans for the team.

Krul won in 11/12 as well. :lol: Fucking hell.

The last time we had any attacking player as player of the year was Shearer in 02/03. :lol: That's fucking ridiculous and totally inaccurate like. Krul in 11/12 ffs. :lol:

Colo was named in the PFA team alongside Kompany and also won NEPOTY!

Absolutely mental most of those winners!