Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

Great again yesterday.

Can't get over how well he passes the ball now and how composed he is in possession.

If this guy had been in a sulk and unprepared to play, we would have been screwed this season.

Huge kudos to him.

Edited by KaKa

8 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Great again yesterday.

Can't get over how well he passes the ball now and how composed he is in possession.

If this guy had been in a sulk and unprepared to play, we would have been screwed this season.

Huge kudos to him.

Extra brownie points to Howe for keeping him on as captain, as maybe Lascelles would have chucked the towel in indeed if he had lost the captaincy as well as his place in the XI

Perfect 4th choice CB for us at “worst” if we sign another class CB. Very happy to see him doing so well. His passing is much more progressive and better quality wise as well. Important member off the pitch as well. Don’t think he will want to leave even if we sign another CB. He will get plenty of game time anyway. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 minute ago, McCormick said:

Wish we’d be making transferinis of our own tbh.

It's actually the same word as English - transfer. Probably just borrowed from English like many Turkish football related words. The "ini" part is two "i" suffixes with a buffer letter as it is specifying that it is the transfer specifically of Jamaal Lascelles. Can be confusing to look Turkish words up in a dictionary for that reason as it's an agglutinating language and you need to know the root.

In other news, Beşiktaş are my Turkish team due to that being where I lived, and the fact they play in black and white. If he goes anywhere then personally I'd be happy with that (although I'd rather he stay with us).

1 minute ago, Elma said:

It's actually the same word as English - transfer. Probably just borrowed from English like many Turkish football related words. The "ini" part is two "i" suffixes with a buffer letter as it is specifying that it is the transfer specifically of Jamaal Lascelles. Can be confusing to look Turkish words up in a dictionary for that reason as it's an agglutinating language and you need to know the root.

In other news, Beşiktaş are my Turkish team due to that being where I lived, and the fact they play in black and white. If he goes anywhere then personally I'd be happy with that (although I'd rather he stay with us).

I'm a cultural traveller, Turkish people like Storks you know.

So, it’s now a thing that if you «only have 6 months left of your contract» you can leave for free? Does it work the other way too. You’re surplus so we can release you for free…?

6 hours ago, Menace said:

Bit odd to be honest. Unless he wants to play more regularly. I would have had no issues having him as backup and I doubt his wages are that high

Think it’s about £55k per week