Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

Just now, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

Here man, watch yasel, I was a professional fighter for a lot of years in the late 90s & was generally thought as the 2nd best fighter in England 

Over 100 fights & finished 2nd in every single one 

Everyone knows you’re a posh Tory boy and most on here were brought up with a fighting background. Toffs like you don’t stand a chance around here. 

If I were you I’d fuck off from here for good whilst you’re still in one piece. 

Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

Everyone knows you’re a posh Tory boy and most on here were brought up with a fighting background. Toffs like you don’t stand a chance around here. 

If I were you I’d fuck off from here for good whilst you’re still in one piece. 

Nah nah man, was dragged up in a family of 9 Catholics with an outside bog, its people like you wiping your white collar upper class arses with Andrex who bring this place down, not me ya custard arse twunt 

1 minute ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

Nah nah man, was dragged up in a family of 9 Catholics with an outside bog, its people like you wiping your white collar upper class arses with Andrex who bring this place down, not me ya custard arse twunt 

Sometimes when im feeling peckish in the house I get an Uber to drive me all the way into Waitrose in Jesmond just for a bag of crisps. 

I thought he was good.  The back 4 looked unbalanced. but that's because we are used playing with a the correct footed player in each position it was and Burns standard give a cracking chance away at the start of the game probably made them a little nervy.  

Can't complain at all about him for both games.  He actually looks a lot better now than I've seen him.

Deserves huge credit for how he’s carried himself at the club and for clearly working hard to improve his game despite very few opportunities. Clearly loves the club, always feels good to have players who are completely committed and you can never fault Lascelles on that 

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Deserves huge credit for how he’s carried himself at the club and for clearly working hard to improve his game despite very few opportunities. Clearly loves the club, always feels good to have players who are completely committed and you can never fault Lascelles on that 

I am a bit nervous about that back 4 against Mbappe though.  Not so much just Lascelles just a lack of pace in general.  He must be the quickest ball carrier in world football.

Agreed, at least Mbappe will be up against Trippier as well but the fact that Botman is out does mean we’re going to get burnt by Mbappe’s pace. No idea what we can do about it really, Tino has great pace but it’s not really fair putting him in there and Trippier at LB massively risks affecting our most consistent player 

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Agreed, at least Mbappe will be up against Trippier as well but the fact that Botman is out does mean we’re going to get burnt by Mbappe’s pace. No idea what we can do about it really, Tino has great pace but it’s not really fair putting him in there and Trippier at LB massively risks affecting our most consistent player 

Put Miggy and Anthony on him! [emoji38]

Just now, gbandit said:

Trippier is great when we are on the front foot but he also fucking exceptional at set pieces.  He's not so great defensively against teams like this.  It's hard to take his set pieces out of the team but Tonali is cracking on set plays as well.  It's a tough one.   I imagine Tonali will start, he is used to and well-suited to these games even if not our system.

Tino needs to start.  We've got into a situation where 2 of of most impressive player performances this season have come from right-backs.  Hall needs a chance at Leftback at some point though.  Not PSG though, but I don't want Burn there either.  Targett is solid but doesn't offer much more than Burn in terms of a different dimension.

He’s definitely improved but he’s also playing with better players and he benefits massively from the leadership Trippier has on the pitch.

One thing to note was that midweek, Pope had zero confidence to play it short to either Lascelles or Dummett.. they just kept passing us into trouble.

At the weekend Schär sort of covered over that as Lascelles would just play it sideways but overall our play from the back becomes more predictable.

With Schär and Botman, it’s options and calmness from both sides, that’s why Lascelles can’t get into the team. We build up play much better and are far more comfortable keeping possession with our first choice.

For heading he’s as good as anyone at the club, he’s also far from slow. But the things he lacks are sadly things Eddie Howe can’t coach into a player at that age.

Chuffed for Lascelles at the moment. He was always a limited defender, but a good leader and stood up for the club at times when no one else cared.

Eddie came into the club at a time when his confidence was shot to bits. He was taken out of the firing line and ultimately replaced by the excellent Schar, but by all accounts he's still a massive positive presence behind the scenes.

On 30/09/2023 at 20:28, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

That gave me a fit of the giggles. You’re wrong/unduly harsh about Lascelles, though, you radgie knacker. 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

If Eddie Howe has no worries about playing Lascelles then neither do I.

This kind of change and bringing squad players to the fore can basically reinvent the player and bring a much needed extra strength.

I think it's a tribute to players like Lascelles and Dummett that they can come in after so long on the sidelines, to come in and do the job they've done. It's massively encouraging for me.

I think I've finally for given him for his "he's a nice guy" comment about mike fucking ashley. Mainly as he didn't make a habit of it, unlike moncur who can still fuck right off. Tainted legend.

He is a drop in quality from our first choicers, but he's still a decently solid PL centreback.