Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

Can't leave yet bit early in the current transformation of the club imo, think he's a bigger part of the picture behind the scenes than we imagine and then more than acceptable to come in and do a job for now.

He might want to secure himself a longer term contract than we would offer though at this stage in his career, so fair play if he wants to go elsewhere. Solid servant, not a single negative.

Should keep him to August 2025 at the very least so he can get a testimonial. Then go back to Nottingham Forest and help them escape relegation or gain promotion depending on how their next few seasons pans out.

On 27/11/2023 at 02:46, Stottie said:

Contrast with Spurs' backup center halves yesterday. Completely AWOL for the Watkins offside header and the Torres headed goal.

They look way more defensively frail with the backups in. I do not see that level of dropoff with Lascelles.

Also the younger alternative who we were linked with in the summer, Disasi. He ended up at Chelsea for near enough £40m and he's looked clueless when I've watched him.

Return to form after some iffy moments against Chelsea. Although this game really suited him in the second half, think he's our best CB in a low block like that but he was really good in the first half too.

16 minutes ago, alexf said:

Was fantastic don't remember a single error by him. Schar on the other hand was uncharacteristically making a lot of strange decisions and passes. 

The left doesn't suit his passing angles. A couple bad left-footed passes. Tried a bad right-footed switch too.

Was it Schar who was behind Tino but got bamboozled by Mbappe's turn all the same?

A couple of times, Mbappe did a few things you would anticipate our players would be watching out for. He had one down his left wing. He passed and moved into some space.... he's Kylian Mbappe, he shouldn't be allowed to pass and move so freely at the edge of the box. Then the turn down his right. Took 2 of ours out.

This is nitpicking - we largely kept him quiet and didn't give him a clear sight of goal all game.

2 minutes ago, Pata said:

Return to form after some iffy moments against Chelsea. Although this game really suited him in the second half, think he's our best CB in a low block like that but he was really good in the first half too.

Especially when nobody else can pass it anyway. Everyone just hoofed it every chance they got.

9 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

The left doesn't suit his passing angles. A couple bad left-footed passes. Tried a bad right-footed switch too.

Was it Schar who was behind Tino but got bamboozled by Mbappe's turn all the same?

A couple of times, Mbappe did a few things you would anticipate our players would be watching out for. He had one down his left wing. He passed and moved into some space.... he's Kylian Mbappe, he shouldn't be allowed to pass and move so freely at the edge of the box. Then the turn down his right. Took 2 of ours out.

This is nitpicking - we largely kept him quiet and didn't give him a clear sight of goal all game.

Pleased you added that bit - sometimes you have to remember the sheer quality you are up against...
Obviously totally different but I played against Gazza in a trial game, he was 18 and I was 15 - After 5 / 10 minutes I knew exactly what he was going to do every time he got the ball but I could do sweet FA about it! Couldn't even kick him :D Sometimes someone is just that bloody good!

19 minutes ago, Monters said:

Pleased you added that bit - sometimes you have to remember the sheer quality you are up against...
Obviously totally different but I played against Gazza in a trial game, he was 18 and I was 15 - After 5 / 10 minutes I knew exactly what he was going to do every time he got the ball but I could do sweet FA about it! Couldn't even kick him :D Sometimes someone is just that bloody good!

Aye but you have to let him beat with quality. Not a little movement like he did on the left. The one where he turns Livra - no problems with Livra but Schar behind him shouldn't have been fooled by the same move.

The turn, Schar barge and shot - that was just class and elite athleticism from Mbappe.

11 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Aye but you have to let him beat with quality. Not a little movement like he did on the left. The one where he turns Livra - no problems with Livra but Schar behind him shouldn't have been fooled by the same move.

The turn, Schar barge and shot - that was just class and elite athleticism from Mbappe.

Not many can handle Mbappe as well as Jamaal. He seemed to have his number across the 2 games then when Mbappe went over to the right more he started causing us no end of problems.

Edited by Sean

Just now, Sean said:

Not many can handle Mbappe as well as Jamaal. He seemed to have his number across the 2 games then when Mbappe went over to the left more he started causing us no end of problems.

Hmmmm... this is true. He wouldn't have been able to barge Jamaal out the way like he did Schar.

Mbappe is quality to watch man. I enjoyed his performance.

So, I've been experimenting with mind altering drugs to astral travel across the planes of reality. Upon my journeys I've met a wise entity which refers to itself as bigjammertwizzle, bigjammertwizzle lives beyond the 4th dimension and has said that Jamal Lascelles scores the winning goal in the League Cup final. I thought I'd share this. 

I can share other messages from bigjammertwizzle, all of which are on my patreon (tier 2). There's an interesting one about Matt Le Tissier owing money to the Pope.