Karl Darlow (now playing for Leeds United)

Nobody

He doesn't make many mistakes but the one today could have been catastrophic had they scored because we would have then been facing another Bus Parked battle at which we are notably poor.

Recovered well though and I still rate him our best keeper.

He doesn't make many mistakes but the one today could have been catastrophic had they scored because we would have then been facing another Bus Parked battle at which we are notably poor.

Recovered well though and I still rate him our best keeper.

He's made a few mistakes lately, cost us a few goals this season. Overall though, still looks our best keeper.

He's not in the same league as Krul tbh. Loads of time to improve, though.

Don't think they're that far apart given Krul's absolute nosedive. I can see Darlow being our number 1 for years to come but he'll have to improve, which I think he will.

If Bournemouth sign Begovic, I'm struggling to see many Premier League teams he'd go into as first-choice like.

I think you could argue that he's at least close to the below keepers. Obviously not better than all of them but that's 11 where it's hardly a massive gap and he has more potential than most of them.

Bravo (as a keeper in the English league)

Mignolet/Karius

Gomes

Pickford

McGregor

Fabianski

Adrian

Joel

Foster

Valdes

Heaton

I'm only certain he's currently better than Hennessey.

Mandanda is better though. I'm sure he lays when fit. I liked what I saw of Darlow last season and what I have seen thus far this one. I still believe the position should be Krul's if he is committed to the club. We need an a good reserve with Tim's injury record. History says Darlow would still appear 10+ times in the league.

I'm only certain he's currently better than Hennessey.

Mandanda is better though. I'm sure he lays when fit. I liked what I saw of Darlow last season and what I have seen thus far this one. I still believe the position should be Krul's if he is committed to the club. We need an a good reserve with Tim's injury record. History says Darlow would still appear 10+ times in the league.

Fair. Tim's injury record is ruining his ability though. Kirkland used to be a top GK but by the time injuries ruined his ability and potential.

It's difficult to rate a Championship GK. Handling pressure is such a big issue for a GK.

Years ago I was talking with a Danish guy about the Laudrup brothers and he said they were the same as their father in that they could play 90 minutes in a muddy battle and still walk off the pitch looking immaculate without a hair out of place.

There's a touch of that about wor Karl  :lol:

Would be very disappointed if Darlow was sold - only 26, still young for a keeper and has made some brilliant saves this season. We would have lost 0-4 to Sheff Weds had Darlow not saved our bacon. Krul has deteriorated significantly over the past few years and I would sell him before Darlow.

Would be very disappointed if Darlow was sold - only 26, still young for a keeper and has made some brilliant saves this season. We would have lost 0-4 to Sheff Weds had Darlow not saved our bacon. Krul has deteriorated significantly over the past few years and I would sell him before Darlow.

Yep, too many holes in Krul's game, hes a good shot stopper but lacks a fair bit in other areas, and has been on the decline for some time.

Happy with Darlow as no1 and Elliot/Woodman as backup going forward.

Yep, too many holes in Krul's game, hes a good shot stopper but lacks a fair bit in other areas, and has been on the decline for some time.

Happy with Darlow as no1 and Elliot/Woodman as backup going forward.

Apart from being an atrocious kicker I don't see many glaring holes in Krul's game