Karl Darlow (now playing for Leeds United)

Nobody

Some of the backpasses were terrible mind. There was one Lascelles sent back in the second half way too hard and bobbling all over the show that he could only slice out 25 yards up.

Some of the backpasses were terrible mind. There was one Lascelles sent back in the second half way too hard and bobbling all over the show that he could only slice out 25 yards up.

That one he got after we went in front. :lol: :scared:

Had my heart in my mouth everytime we passed the ball back to him or he left his line. Made great saves, so clearly a fantastic shot-stopper. But his presence just makes me nervous now.

People's standards are so low with keepers at times, like. Those saves were absolute routine. He played well overall apart from that missed cross which almost cost us another goal from nothing.

That one he got after we went in front. :lol: :scared:

Ha ha aye! I think that stemmed from Ritchie bizarrely having a shot from a mental angle 35 yards out which bobbled to their keeper  rather than passing to Murphy to run down time on the wing!

I think he's the best goalkeeper we've had in years and will get better.  He's better than Krul who's distribution was woeful.  Games changed from when the keeper got the ball and hoofed it as far up the pitch as he could. The keeper plays like an extra defender now, passing the ball around to retain possession.  It is made a bit more difficult with Lascelles launching so called back passes at you but I doubt if Lascelles will be a regular next season because he'll get raped in the Prem league (assuming we go up of course)

I think he's the best goalkeeper we've had in years and will get better.  He's better than Krul who's distribution was woeful.  Games changed from when the keeper got the ball and hoofed it as far up the pitch as he could. The keeper plays like an extra defender now, passing the ball around to retain possession.  It is made a bit more difficult with Lascelles launching so called back passes at you but I doubt if Lascelles will be a regular next season because he'll get raped in the Prem league (assuming we go up of course)

Krul at his best is miles better than Darlow. He costs us a goal in basically every second game at the minute

Guest firetotheworks

Krul hasn't been anywhere near his best for arguably 5 years now, mind. I haven't seen him first hand, but it sounds like he's not pulling up any trees at Alkmaar either. Luckily he's still in a position where his best years can still be ahead of him though.

Even Krul just before his injury wasn't making near as many mistakes as Darlow is now

I suppose being unable to be able to deal with looping headers is not really a "mistake" but he just couldn't deal with anything coming to him that way and it cost quite a few goals.

Tim was a great young keeper and prospect but sadly he regressed at an age when he should have progressed.

Even Krul just before his injury wasn't making near as many mistakes as Darlow is now

I suppose being unable to be able to deal with looping headers is not really a "mistake" but he just couldn't deal with anything coming to him that way and it cost quite a few goals.

Tim was a great young keeper and prospect but sadly he regressed at an age when he should have progressed.

Remind me who was coaching Krull at that time . Krul wash't as bad as he's now being made out to have been. His distribution wasn't as good as it should have been and that was his greatest weakness.

Krul never made near as many mistakes as Darlow is now

Krul never made near as many mistakes as Darlow is now

Krul made plenty of errors - some of them utter howlers. Made almost as many in one game against Southampton I recall as Darlow has made in the last dozen games.

I think he's got a lot of potential to improve still & he will do under Rafa. Same as Lascelles & Dummett. People are overdoing the error situation, he had the mistake v Rotherham where he made a last ditch save & since then he's had a few nervy moments on back passes/long balls. Its not a long term thing imo, just about communication.

The mistakes he's making aren't just to do with communication.

Not completely, but a few notable ones like the Clark og, Jerome's goal & Bristol's 2nd. He's made a few dodgy calls since he slid out the area at Rotherham though, before that he was seen as fairly solid so i think he's just become a bit nervy with his decision making on long balls etc.

Yeah but for me the goalkeeper position needs to be solid first and foremost, unless you've got someone who you know in time will be absolutely amazing.

It's not like a young winger who can come on for 20 minutes here and there to slowly improve, without much consequence if he has a bad game. If he's not up to standard already then he will cost us points that will be even more precious in the premier league while we're waiting for him to potentially improve.

Guest chopey

All the keepers at the club played a part in us being shit for the past few years and our only keeper with any sort of success under his belt is Sels ............and he's crap