The other games today - 2015/16

Deuce

James is better than Isco. Comfortably. Think Ancrlotti and Rafa have him down as a bit of an 'individual player'.  He likes to dribble a lot.  James is quicker to release to ball, sees passes earlier and is more of a goal threat.  James is much better than I expected.

Lovely goal by Ronaldo. Weak foot too.  Excellent technique.  Some people still think Fat Wayne has better technique than Ronny?

Sack Rafa btw.

I never said Isco was better than James but I feel he offers a better balance to the side in a midfield 3. Ancelotti utilised Isco very well, even when coming off the bench.

Rafa doesn't seem to have a very good relationship with Isco or just doesn't rate him. I mean last week when they were 8-2 up or something, he took Bale off and put Arbeloa on. Isco should force a move in January imo.

Aye, fuck Rafa. Isco was Ancelotti's "sixth man" - always the first option in case of injury or subs. They've filled out the squad a bit and Rafa seems to prefer the defensive work rate of Vazquez over Isco as well. Because he's a terrible RM manager.

Isco improved loads defensively  under Ancelotti. The counter attack system he deployed in the big games Isco was always involved at some stage of it.

I just don't understand why Rafa has frozen him out of late. Mentioned previously that early in the season Isco was one of the top performers and Madrid were on a good run. More recently though he has hardly figured, very strange.

Isco improved loads defensively  under Ancelotti. The counter attack system he deployed in the big games Isco was always involved at some stage of it.

I just don't understand why Rafa has frozen him out of late. Mentioned previously that early in the season Isco was one of the top performers and Madrid were on a good run. More recently though he has hardly figured, very strange.

While i agree with you, there's a systematically problem with Madrid in general that you can't really play James and the front 3 and be a balanced team. You could if the front 3 played together and not as individuals but alas they don't. That's without getting into Isco, both Modric and Kroos are probably better when they are not protecting the back 4 but not as 10s either.

It's just poorly built from a team perspective, the fact Ancelotti got it working at all speaks to how brilliant he is really.

How bad did Benteke look in that Liverpool team?! The number of moves that broke up with his awful touch. That one on one at the end too ... my goodness. Second game in a row he's done that. Going to be a massive headache for Liverpool, that price tag will mean he has to play but he is holding them back big time. Awful.

Yeah without a doubt it shows how good Carlo was. The front 3 with James behind is main reason imo why Isco should be replacing him. Isco is more versatile and for me offers better balance to the side.

Kroos has been shocking as well, like. Another argument is there for Casemiro instead of him to find a better balance. This current system just isn't working and workmanlike wins like today isn't even papering over the cracks. So plainly obvious for everyone to see.

Luke Edwards on 5Live now, talking about the state of North East football.

Has he said anything interesting?

Not really, other than agreeing with Danny Mills in saying that Newcastle/Sunderland going down might represent a good opportunity to press the reset button and clear out the dead wood. He also had a go a the 'faceless' directors of football, that buy rubbish players, but then don't get any grief or comeback when things go tits up (a dig at Charnley and Carr, IMO)

Nope - but he had a proper rant. He seems to get everywhere.

He got on the same bus as one of my mackem mates once. Apparently got pissed on the way down, threw up all over himself and missed the game because he was sound asleep completely naked on the bus while the match was on.

Fun fact for you, there.

Lovely. :D Comes across as a proper attention seeker - blind of not.

How bad did Benteke look in that Liverpool team?! The number of moves that broke up with his awful touch. That one on one at the end too ... my goodness. Second game in a row he's done that. Going to be a massive headache for Liverpool, that price tag will mean he has to play but he is holding them back big time. Awful.

Klopp will be allowed to bring his own striker in surely. Benteke in a team with no wingers was never a good idea though, what was Rodgers thinking? :lol:

Valencia just lost to Villarreal

Looks like Neville isnt doing very well.  They played 5 at the back today for some reason. Thought he wanted "front foot football"

Did he say he wanted front foot football? It was pretty cautious but thought they actually played alright in the second half and probably didn't deserve to lose

Valencia just lost to Villarreal

Looks like Neville isnt doing very well.  They played 5 at the back today for some reason. Thought he wanted "front foot football"

Thought they were pretty unlucky. They were well on top, then Villarreal scored a superb set piece totally against the run of play. Be interesting to see if he looks at English players in the window.