The other games today - 2015/16

Deuce

We can't even begin to recover from this until Lerner goes.

I was just watching some interviews with fans leaving the game on the Birmingham Mail website.

The recurring theme was "they've removed the soul from the club, they've killed the identity" and that's absolutely right. We've been drained of ambition, had cretins appointed at all managerial levels and just been parked to "get by" as best we can.

We've got a CEO who actually tells us not to just look at the on-pitch stuff, because we've got a great new shirt deal which will still be great even if we get relegated, and a new chairman who openly referred to us as "customers" until at an open meeting the other day, someone stood up and demanded that he stop using that word.

I saw most of the games in our last relegation season, 86-7, and although that too was pretty horrible, it at least felt like it was something that could be turned around by changing the manager (which is exactly what happened). This time, though, it feels like the malignant factor is at the top, the chairman, and it won't change until he goes.

Lerner's biggest failing is appointing idiots. I can't think of a single person he has appointed who has worked out, not one. When he bought us, I recall reading Cleveland Browns fans warning us about precisely that - he can't make appointments to save his life. Too right he can't.

Whats Lerner's game here? He's surely bleeding money?

Three things have happened.

1. Lost all interest overnight.

2. Appoints morons.

3. Ambition ends at not getting relegated.

It's easy to look at the players or the manager and think "they're fucking rubbish, they are" but that's only half the story, the air of couldn't-give-a-fuck acceptance of mediocrity starts right at the top and trickles down.

What riles me most is that these people running the club have zero feeling for it, they just don't "get it", and as a result, they have no shame, no embarrassment.

I hear things like us having our worst home record in our 141 year history, or little things like last night and us winning our first corner - CORNER - in three games, plus all the other records of recent years, and I am fucking ashamed. These people running things have no concept of that.

Their only involvement in the general level of protest and disenchantment is to take on body guards (CEO, director of recruitment, technical director apparently all have them now) and confiscate season tickets from people who chant dissent.

Confiscate them? They should be fucking refunding them.

I'm honestly going to be sad to see Villa go. I enjoyed a lot of their games from 2004-2010 when they had Milner, Agboahor, Young, Petrov and Carew, Larsson, and Melberg.

In fact one of my favorite games ever is the 4-4 against Chelsea in 2007. That was when it felt like Villa could beat anyone on their day.

Curtis managing the Swans tonight as Guidolin is in hospital with chest infection.

Some wit on our site reckons he wasn't admitted with a chest infection but rather a bad side.

I'm honestly going to be sad to see Villa go. I enjoyed a lot of their games from 2004-2010 when they had Milner, Agboahor, Young, Petrov and Carew, Larsson, and Melberg.

In fact one of my favorite games ever is the 4-4 against Chelsea in 2007. That was when it felt like Villa could beat anyone on their day.

Sad is the very opposite of the emotion I will encounter.

Guest palnese

Sad is the very opposite of the emotion I will encounter.

:lol: :thup: