Chancel Mbemba

Nobody

If it is an issue we just need to treat it like you do a parking fine. Just keep appealing and appealing and running the transfer over and over again until they just say "fuck it, we may as well just leave it."

This sounds good. Is he right-footed? Think he could go well with Dummett. Still need another defender in, obviously.

Joking aren't you?

Dummett is not the answer at the back for us.  Not bad as backup but to play every week, no-where near good enough.

Dummett's a very competent defender. He's by-no-means the answer, but he's our best centre half, currently. Until we bring in another after Mbemba, he's the one I'd be looking to play.

Don't rate the lad at all. Our best defender? That says nothing really. We need to be looking at another centre half although I doubt we'll sign Mbemba and someone else as long as we have Dummett, Colo, Williamson, Taylor and Lascelles.

Dummett is our best centre half. Just wanted to clear that up.

Coloccini was but he's past it.

Aye but Congo are not in the world's top 50 apparently so that has an impact, Belgian media seems to think it's not going to be an issue though.

Ah, right. Of course. Well hopefully it's fine.

This sounds good. Is he right-footed? Think he could go well with Dummett. Still need another defender in, obviously.

Joking aren't you?

Dummett is not the answer at the back for us.  Not bad as backup but to play every week, no-where near good enough.

Dummett's a very competent defender. He's by-no-means the answer, but he's our best centre half, currently. Until we bring in another after Mbemba, he's the one I'd be looking to play.

Don't rate the lad at all. Our best defender? That says nothing really. We need to be looking at another centre half although I doubt we'll sign Mbemba and someone else as long as we have Dummett, Colo, Williamson, Taylor and Lascelles.

Dummett is okay to fill in at CB for a game or two. I'd hold judgement on whether he's equipped to do the job for a longer run of games just yet.

Joking aren't you?

I disagree. Just to clear that up.

Colo is the best we have but is past it. He'd be better with someone half decent beside him rather than Williamson or Dummett. Just to clear that up.

Colo then Taylor followed by Dummett and then Williamson is the order I would say, just to clear that up.

Joking aren't you?

Colo is the best we have but is past it. He'd be better with someone half decent beside him rather than Williamson or Dummett. Just to clear that up.

Colo then Taylor followed by Dummett and then Williamson is the order I would say, just to clear that up.

:thup:

Joking aren't you?

No no no no, centre half's in this order Colo then Taylor followed by Dummett, Janmaat, Sissoko, Haidara, Krul, Anita, Colback, Perez, Riviere, Abeid, Cisse THEN Williamson

Dummett's better than Taylor and Williamson. Just to... na won't bother.

Canny hilarious you actually think he's better than Taylor.

Why? Obviously Dummett hasn't played enough games to know how good he really is at centre half but when he has played there so far he has been good

Personally, I think he is. More mobile, not made of glass, reads the game well, can handle himself in duels, not thick as owt, less rash, equally as good on the ball etc. He's also a good few years younger. Dummett isn't really good enough to be a starter for us, but he's the best we've got now (IMO). Colo was 18 months back, but things have changed.

Taylor is a very streaky defender, he does have periods where he looks good, but is also susceptible to runs of being absolutely rotten.

Personally, I think he is. More mobile, not made of glass, reads the game well, can handle himself in duels, not thick as owt, less rash, equally as good on the ball etc. He's also a good few years younger. Dummett isn't really good enough to be a starter for us, but he's the best we've got now (IMO). Colo was 18 months back, but things have changed.

Taylor is a very streaky defender, he does have periods where he looks good, but is also susceptible to runs of being absolutely rotten.

Yeah, Dummett is definitely better than Taylor. No debate in my opinion.

Taylor's better in the air, which is the main doubt I've got over Dummett as a cb. He's got a decent leap on him,but I still saw him getting bossed by the more physical strikers when he did play at cb last season. Taylor is a shit in many ways, but he can usually stand his own in a physical battle.

Dummett isn't that great in the air, although I think he's improving, but unique among our CBs, he can react quickly to danger, and intercept or block because he has that basic speed off the mark.