Chancel Mbemba

Nobody

There was one moment when he the midfield was caught out and he was essentially 1 v 1 against an attacker moving at pace and he just read the ball, stepped in front of the attacker and came away with it like there was no problem. Anyone else in our defence and that moment is either a card or the player has a 1 v 1 with Krul. I also like how he steps up with the ball at his feet and opens attacking angles from defence. It's wonderful to see someone play the game from that position rather than just drop their arse and hoof it.

There was one moment when he the midfield was caught out and he was essentially 1 v 1 against an attacker moving at pace and he just read the ball, stepped in front of the attacker and came away with it like there was no problem. Anyone else in our defence and that moment is either a card or the player has a 1 v 1 with Krul. I also like how he steps up with the ball at his feet and opens attacking angles from defence. It's wonderful to see someone play the game from that position rather than just drop their arse and hoof it.

I saw that moment too, was ace, reminded me of Colo when he was actually in his pomp and 1v1 with an attacker you weren't very worried

For his first game in English football so soon after signing, his performance was extremely good. Once he adapts he is going to be an absolute boss - his positional sense wasn't great and often tried to do others jobs for them (necessary in our defence I guess!) but that's obviously down to never playing with the defence before today. Couldn't give a f*** if he's 21 or 31, it was a cracking performance.

I like the look of him. Like Mbiwa he'll not stand much of a chance unless we get a proper CB to partner him, though. We'll just ship goal after goal.

Was the other cb (and the one you're obsessed with) at fault for the two goals?

Genuinely convinced it was more due to a lack of communication between the back 4 than it was him lacking aerial ability tbh.

:thup:

We've been shit defending from balls in for fucking donkeys and both goals yesterday seemed down to shambolic communication all round as opposed to individual errors.