Chancel Mbemba

Nobody

can’t believe Rafa can’t manage him or mitrovic in to useful squad players. Even mbabu. Clear as day he was a talent and we practically gave him away.

Shocking stuff.

Odd he never really got a chance, but if Rafa didnt fancy him and it frees up wages then so be it. its not like he's really had too much of an impact, so we shouldnt miss him. Can see him going on to play for decent champions league clubs for the majority of his career.

can’t believe Rafa can’t manage him or mitrovic in to useful squad players. Even mbabu. Clear as day he was a talent and we practically gave him away.

Shocking stuff.

Apparently he failed to learn English since he's been here. Can't really expect Rafa to coach a player he can't communicate his specific tactical instructions to - if it's true.

Shocking stuff.

Apparently he failed to learn English since he's been here. Can't really expect Rafa to coach a player he can't communicate his specific tactical instructions to - if it's true.

I'd heard that too, communication was the issue and it makes a lot of sense why he was never trusted with a regular starting berth.

As a player he is composed on the ball, can read the game and plays it from the back. Only negative I can think of is that his height, he’s about 3” off being ideal for the PL.

Maybe some concentration issues, and it’s been well documented that he never picked up the language so it’s probably harder for Lascelles to bark orders at him..

Honestly don’t think any other player will stop our captain and Lejeune starting every game if available.

Clark will get a run out in cups. And Yarney looks like a real prospect. Needs time to adjust but looked the part last week in Dublin.

Guest alijmitchell

Never thought he was really that bad, but also wasn't confident with him at CB. Would only have peddled him if there was someone better coming in...

Guest covmag

Never thought he was really that bad, but also wasn't confident with him at CB. Would only have peddled him if there was someone better coming in...

that would be too obvious  :lol:

Never thought he was really that bad, but also wasn't confident with him at CB. Would only have peddled him if there was someone better cheaper coming in...

I'm sure there will be, don't worry. :thup:

Interesting that both Reyes and Schar, the two who are linked with replacing him, have both had similar careers and are at a similar age to when we bought Lejeune. Not that either would displace him for me like. You'd probably need a £30 million centre back to break that partnership apart straight away.

Shocking stuff.

I had high hopes for Mbemba, and I like Mitrovic.  But I won't think twice about either of them if Benitez thinks they aren't good enough.  I mean its not like either of them are amazing..  They could both be decent to good players in a system that fitted them or if they could take instruction well enough to fit into our system, that's about it.

Interesting that both Reyes and Schar, the two who are linked with replacing him, have both had similar careers and are at a similar age to when we bought Lejeune. Not that either would displace him for me like. You'd probably need a £30 million centre back to break that partnership apart straight away.

I’m sure we’re not looking for a first-team CB anyway.

We should be, but we're run by mongs so.

EDIT, not that the partnership is bad, but for me the best way to improve is to try to go for someone that can actually give the first team competition.  Either that player will be second choice or he'll push one of the first team to second choice, rather than trying to buy someone you know will be second choice.

Rafa conforming that the Chancellor didn’t bother fully learning ‘the Queen’s’!

“We're talking about a player that we know has quality technically.

But, you have to settle down in the team, the city and country.

These things can make a big difference to players' performance."

• 2 years later...