York City 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 29/7/15 @ 7.45 pm BST

Nobody

Aren't all our decent u21 players in Holland? so the two on the bench are probably just making up the numbers.

Where is our first team though?

Being rested.

That defense :spit: How long before our first competitive game? :suicide:

As if it makes a difference, none of the four will be near the match day squad matter about the starting eleven :lol:

I haven't paid too much attention, but has Colo even featured a minute in pre season games? And that Mbemba kid, has he featured for Anderlecht in pre season at all? Has Saylor seen significant pitch time? How are our starting central defenders supposed to be match fit vs Southampton?

As if it makes a difference, none of the four will be near the match day squad matter about the starting eleven :lol:

I haven't paid too much attention, but has Colo even featured a minute in pre season games? And that Mbemba kid, has he featured for Anderlecht in pre season at all? Has Saylor seen significant pitch time? How are our starting central defenders supposed to be match fit vs Southampton?

I haven't watched a game but from what i gather Haidara and Janmaat have pretty much played every game, Williamson has played a lot and Taylor has played enough where as Colo hasn't played a minute.

It's a mess no doubt, seeing as Colo isn't fit and Mbemba has been delayed due to Visa requirements but what happens tonight isn't going to change any of that positively or negatively.

Even if you accept the performances and results don't matter in the slightest, the only remaining reason for preseason is improving match fitness.

It's embarrassing.

I haven't watched a game but from what i gather Haidara and Janmaat have pretty much played every game, Williamson has played a lot and Taylor has played enough where as Colo hasn't played a minute.

It's a mess no doubt, seeing as Colo isn't fit and Mbemba has been delayed due to Visa requirements but what happens tonight isn't going to change any of that positively or negatively.

Agreed. Point is, it should have changed positively. Has Colo been spotted around the training ground? Just seems really odd that our captain and leading central defenders hasn't even featured in pre season and we are 90 minutes away from our first league game (after tonight's game)...

Even if you accept the performances and results don't matter in the slightest, the only remaining reason for preseason is improving match fitness.

It's embarrassing.

Quite. I can't see our team (defence especially) come out for the start of this season with any kind of match fitness or an understanding how they are to function as a defensive unit. Bodes well with the tough list of fixtures we have at the start of the season. Our season could once again effectively be over by October.

Agreed. Point is, it should have changed positively. Has Colo been spotted around the training ground? Just seems really odd that our captain and leading central defenders hasn't even featured in pre season and we are 90 minutes away from our first league game (after tonight's game)...

I don't disagree, but no one seems to have a clue what's going on with Colo. Club are being vague as usual so he might still be injured. Haidara and Janmaat don't really need to play for fitness reasons and neither does Williamson. ( hopefully Mbemba and Colo are available for Southampton even if they are unfit it can't be worse)

The only one who could start at Southampton that you could argue needs to play every minute is probably Taylor, the rest are fine for opening day and will obviously play against Gladbach except for Colo and Mbemba and there's outside issues there. It's more a state of available of defenders being crap than it is a bad team selection.

If pre season is not about results, not about performances, not about players getting to know a new system/each other and not even about match fitness then I don't know why we bother with it at all. Just offer the players three and a half months off in return for a 20% salary decrease and be done with it. :lol:

I fully expected a second string. It will be completely different on Saturday.

We can't expect the strongest 11 against York and on Saturday. They can't afford tired legs to get injured.

Surprised De Jong is playing.

Louis Johnson.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/javaImages/72/39/0,,10278~13121906,00.jpg

"Louis supports Liverpool and loves Luis Suarez, Wayne Rooney and Lionel Messi. He likes to play tennis."

Hahaha.