Newcastle United vs Southampton FC - 09/08/15 1.30 pm BST - Pre match thread

Nobody

My team would be:

Krul

Janmaat

Mbemba

Taylor (unless new signing as he is marginally better than Williamson - Lascelles hasn't done must better preseason either or I may have chose him)

Haidara (would have Dummett in but in all reality we need a left back as this lad is woeful defensively and doesn't have then end product going forward either)

Aarons

Anita (though this is at a push also as Colback will play and neither are good enough imho)

Wijnaldum

Sissoko

De Jong or Cisse

Mitrovic

We need a wingers, centre half, striker, left back and a ball play-maker in the middle of the pitch. I'm sick and tried of Sissoko continuously losing the ball 70% of the time through running through blind alleys and when he does get in good positions more often than not he f***s it up. Colback and Anita are just not anywhere near top quality and are easily out muscled and outplayed in midfield. The defence is a total joke and it's criminal that only one player has been brought in to resolve the problem.

The preseason has been a total joke and the nothing has changed with the way this team are playing but that's what you get with a manager sacked by a Championship club for not being up to it.  Half of this squad needs ditched including some at-the-moment automatic first teamers. Another 4 or 5 (I would argue 10 players needs to be brought in due to a total chronic lack of investment year after year. At this moment not one penny has been spent apart from the money already in the bank and some on here were doing handstands that three players have been bought. Five or six of the team I named above should not be at the club but the fact that they are actually better than others is frightening. And low and behold Mr McLaren has went from "signing off the radar" to the usual club line of 'we are looking but only will sign if they add quality' - well pay the f***ing money then you bunch of clowns. Any person who has renewed is in for the same old same old - well enjoy you deserve it!!!

Correct

nnothing has changed with the way this team are playing but that's what you get with a manager sacked by a Championship club for not being up to it. 

People choosing to see what they want to :lol:

Assuming Colo isn't fit/ or has left, if Dummett was fit I would have him at CB next to Mbemba.

If we play our best 11 we can certainly get a positive result, but if the team is anywhere close to the first half of yesterday we will be beaten comfortably.

Mine:

Krul

Janmaat

Mbemba

Coloccini

Haidara

Wijnaldum

Colback

Sissoko

De Jong

Aarons

Mitrovic

McClaren:

Krul

Janmaat

Taylor

Williamson

Haidara

Colback

Anita

Sissoko

Wijnaldum

Gouffran

Cisse

Krul

Janmaat          Taylor          Mbemba        Haidara

Colback © :anguish:  Wijnaldum

Sissoko                          De jong            Aarons

Cisse

Subs:

Mitrovic

Abeid

Ayoze

Dummett

Anita

2x axis of shite

Krul

Janmaat          Taylor          Mbemba        Haidara

Colback © :anguish:  Wijnaldum

Sissoko                          De jong            Aarons

Cisse

Subs:

Mitrovic

Abeid

Ayoze

Dummett

Anita

2x axis of s****

Anita, Perez and Mitrovic should all start, Colback, De Jong and Cisse should be on the bench.

I would play Perez instead of Sissoko. Without a shadow of doubt! Not his best position but at least we'd have some technical ability and intelligence out wide. It's too easy to defend against a player out wide who has a lack of variation in his game and mostly rely on pace in a straight line. IF you play counter attacking football then it could work well, yes.

I wouldn't play Perez over De Jong and I like Perez.

Is that based on what you've seen or reputation?

Honest? 70% reputation. That doesn't make me wrong.

I think De Jong will be our best player this year, goals and assists.

If he stays fit.

I wouldn't play Perez over De Jong and I like Perez.

Is that based on what you've seen or reputation?

Honest? 70% reputation. That doesn't make me wrong.

I think De Jong will be our best player this year, goals and assists.

If he stays fit.

I didn't say you were wrong, I was just wondering if you had seen something which I hadn't.  Perez is a little tricky player who performed massively above expectation last season and his reward for that should be to start games, I think he should start games on merit.

De Jong is s**** just like his bro

He's not as bad as his brother, being able to find the net puts him ahead.  Having said that, I don't see what others see in him other than what he's done before he came here.

De Jong is s**** just like his bro

He's not as bad as his brother, being able to find the net puts him ahead.  Having said that, I don't see what others see in him other than what he's done before he came here.

Was at a PSV game last season, guy I was talking to about them said Luuk was the better and more technically gifted of the two. Alarm bells ringing when I heard that.

Willing to give him a chance this season, but I haven't been impressed so far and I would not play him ahead of Perez (they both should play, considering options, tbh).