Newcastle United vs Southampton FC - 09/08/15 1.30 pm BST - Pre match thread

Nobody

With Mbemba and Colo starting, I really think Anita and Colback will look a lot better. Those two CBs will use the ball much better and will improve our build up no end. Very happy Mbemba and Colo both start.

They may look better but it still won't be good enough. You need someone with either a bit of strength or a touch of class on the ball in there and neither of those have either

Aye Wijnaldum needs to be in there to carry the ball into attacking thirds to the 3 behind the striker, that and Obertan are big no's to me.

Hopefully it works out and isn't something that is consistently happening throughout the season :lol:

Completely expect Anita to go hiding.

Perhaps McClaren is using Obertan as a 'get me a winger' statement to the board.

Now you've posted that about Big Vurn, I'm expecting a swashbuckling man of the match performance from him.

Completely expect Anita to go hiding.

Perhaps McClaren is using Obertan as a 'get me a winger' statement to the board.

Think it's all about pace to be honest. Must think he can do what every other c*** has failed to. Make him a Premier League footballer.

Southampton XI:  Stekelenburg, Cedric, Fonte, Yoshida, Targett, Wanyama, S. Davis, Tadić, Mané, Rodriguez, Pelle.

Seems very attacking

Means Obertan can take advantage of it and get behind Southampton and score a hat trick.

So our best player from last season in Perez and our most impressive player from pre season in Aaron's are left on the bench for Obertan.

If that isn't pardewesque then what is.

Not happy to see Cisse still starting games for us either.

Why?

Just think our team is not built to his strengths at all, certainly not when he starts, maybe as an impact sub he could be useful.

Just seen Mitrovic took a knock like so we didn't seem to have a choice.

Why?

Just think our team is not built to his strengths at all, certainly not when he starts, maybe as an impact sub he could be useful.

Our team are not built for Mitrovic either tbh.

Why?

Just seen Mitrovic took a knock like so we didn't seem to have a choice.

Doesn't sound like it's anything major though or he wouldn't be on the bench. I was kind of hoping we'd see Mitrovic and Cissé together and certainly Perez or Aarons instead of the thing from the Pleiades.

Why?

Our team are not built for Mitrovic either tbh.

No but as a lone striker I think Mitrovic would be better option.

Its Mitrovic who has to displace Cisse, not the other way around imo. Cisse will score loads if given decent service.

Not sure he would score loads like, he needs the ball on a plate to score apart from the occasional wonder goal.

Just realised Tiote is on the bench. Didn't realise he was anywhere near match fit. Good stuff. Puts pressure on Anita and Colback, who we are all worried about.

Tiote doesn't really solve the issue most have with those two together though, if anything he makes it worse :lol: