Newcastle United vs Southampton FC - 09/08/15 1.30 pm BST - Pre match thread

Nobody

Not to bothered about that. McClaren must want pace in the wide areas.

Yes Obertan is shit but it's the lesser of the evils since Gouffran Williamson and Elliot are out of the squad.

Of course I'd like to see Perez or Aarons but it was the defence that concerned me.

Agree. Fuck knows how we'll play mind, seeing as this lot haven't had a jot of pre-season together. :lol:

With Mbemba and Colo starting, I really think Anita and Colback will look a lot better. Those two CBs will use the ball much better and will improve our build up no end. Very happy Mbemba and Colo both start.

Obertan man ... If this guy is ever to do anything half decent, it will be on that left hand side, so at least he is playing there.

I'm happy no more Gouffran, and in fact he can't even threaten to feature today, as he has been eliminated with Willo.

With Mbemba and Colo starting, I really think Anita and Colback will look a lot better. Those two CBs will use the ball much better and will improve our build up no end. Very happy Mbemba and Colo both start.

They may look better but it still won't be good enough. You need someone with either a bit of strength or a touch of class on the ball in there and neither of those have either