Man United 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 22/08/15 - Post-match reaction from page 39

BlueStar

I think the passing it out from the back is what McClaren was on about when he mentioned 'belief'. He probably saw that it rattled us a bit so went for the safer long option - which, to be fair, is much more viable now we have Mitrovic. It's good that we tried it but it just doesn't seem like something we're quite ready for, yet (not against a better side away from home, at least). We're on a tough run so I can't blame a manager for going for the result and preserving the confidence of a team that is clearly brittle.

I think the passing it out from the back is what McClaren was on about when he mentioned 'belief'. He probably saw that it rattled us a bit so went for the safer long option - which, to be fair, is much more viable now we have Mitrovic. It's good that we tried it but it just doesn't seem like something we're quite ready for, yet (not against a better side away from home, at least). We're on a tough run so I can't blame a manager for going for the result and preserving the confidence of a team that is clearly brittle.

Think part of that would have helped with Mbemba in the middle, Taylor was great today but he's nowhere near as comfortable on the ball obviously.

Would help if a Krul kick isn't automatically giving possession away though.

Good result and a decent performance I thought. I'm not one to tear into some players like a lot on here do, but the two worst performances went to this board two least favourite players. Obertan was dreadfully unproductive and a shear liability in defence. Colback gave the ball away a number of times, again ineffective, one of his worst performances since he came here.

Thought Colo was excellent, Taylor was serviceable apart from one incident where Hernadez should have scored. Very impressed with the work rate of Mitrovic, anita was very tidy and Perez put in a good shift. Definitely a lot better than the Swansea game.

Did anyone notice the moment where Perez took his first touch and at the same time got pushed in his back so that he almost lost the ball? Yet in the same milli second, out of balance he managed to get a second touch with his other foot and made a correctly adressed pass to whoever it was. Looked almost like a two footer pass. Such great technical feet and agility. I think this was somewhere in the middle of the pitch. A few times he got fouled and got fuck all as well.

Would love to see Januzaj made an example of but I bet it doesn't even get a mention from MOTD.

Committed a proper clumsy foul on Haidara straight after he should have been booked for diving as well.

I've given Haidara a lot of stick lately, but i must admit that i thought he did well today. Having a footballer in front of you helps, but most of all he didn't look as raw today as he often does, he was a lot more relaxed and could handle the ball without it looking as if it was a hot potato. I still don't think he's the long term solution at LB for us as i think he lacks end product most of all. He's still young though and hopefully he'll improve it with time.

Didn't get chance to watch the match today, what I would like to know, how did thauvin look in the brief time he got, I get the feeling g he added bute but what was his off the ball game like?

Looks pretty skilfull and drew a foul and a booking for Shaw the first time he beat him.

He wasn't involved a lot as we spent the last 15 minutes defending for our lives but broke in injury time and Thauvin was inches away from scoring.

I've given Haidara a lot of stick lately, but i must admit that i thought he did well today. Having a footballer in front of you helps, but most of all he didn't look as raw today as he often does, he was a lot more relaxed and could handle the ball without it looking as if it was a hot potato. I still don't think he's the long term solution at LB for us as i think he lacks end product most of all. He's still young though and hopefully he'll improve it with time.

He played well today purely because of the fact he was helped out by Perez. When Obertan plays on the left, Haïdara is always left 2 on 1.

on the other side man utd looked clueless in attack, hitting the post aside krul was hardly making saves left right and centre

Two world class saves from Hernandez and Mata. Colo blocked three shots as well that were on target. How anyone can say Colo wasn't MOTM is beyond me. He saved it from being a spanking.

If this was a potential Man Utd spanking then you have to worried for your title chances this season.

I worry for Newcastle FC when a great performance is being stuck in your own box for 80 mins and having zero shots on target.

After what we've been watching for the last five years, you're not as stupid as this, surely? :lol: