Man United 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 22/08/15 - Post-match reaction from page 39

BlueStar

Watched the game in bits and pieces during a family BBQ.

Thought NUFC's fitness was really bad. For most of the second half it seemed as though the players had all been asked to play with their weaker foot. Most clearances barely made it out of the box. Thauvin seemed to be running on fumes despite being a sub which was weird.

NUFC didn't seem set up to have a go - it actually seemed particularly aimless but for some individual talent on show - noticeably Perez, Haidara and Mitrovic who tried to make things happen. I thought Mbemba really grew into the game but I thought Colo was very, very lucky on a few occasions. Didn't agree with the MotM choice whatsoever.

Mitrovic seemed very isolated but I found it brilliant that we had a centre forward who was bothering their defenders and letting them know they were in a game. His footwork seems a bit clunky so far, but so did most out there. A lot of work to be done.

It was a good point but not the brilliant performance some are making it out to be. Man Utd are absolutely bobbins. We invited far too much pressure in the second half and could have relieved some of that by actually having a go. I've got a feeling I'm not gonna like McClaren's substitutions. :lol:

We got of jail given the 1st 15 minutes today. MU were so pedestrian once we got sorted out they made us look organised. For all the plaudits being handed out, rerun those those opening minutes and have a think what teams with more urgency will do to us.

Must have been a very disciplined performance after a dodgy start by the sounds of it.

or maybe Man u are just a bit shit as well.

Good point without a doubt.

Sounds like Taylor had his obligatory one good game...injured/sent off/gives penalty away next outing no doubt.

If he can get right blend of our forward/creative players, and get them all fit, we will worry sides going forward imo

Width the key to providing Mitrovic?

hopefully, with perez' performance and thauvin's cameo, that should see the end of obertan.

he found himself in decent positions but had neither the brains or the balls to do anything.

Today was far from one of Obertans worst performances imo. Made a few good interceptions/tackles and at least tried to use his pace on the counter. No doubt he is not good enough but was far from his worst today like.

Is this a genuine opinion? He was absolutely horrible, his positioning defensively was crap and he just doesn't seem to care while also lacking a brain.

hopefully, with perez' performance and thauvin's cameo, that should see the end of obertan.

he found himself in decent positions but had neither the brains or the balls to do anything.

Today was far from one of Obertans worst performances imo. Made a few good interceptions/tackles and at least tried to use his pace on the counter. No doubt he is not good enough but was far from his worst today like.

Is this a genuine opinion? He was absolutely horrible, his positioning defensively was crap and he just doesn't seem to care while also lacking a brain.

Summed up nicely in one sentence. :thup:

Nah it wasn't crap. We couldn't have defended the way we did without him doing what he did. He's not a favourite, maybe shouldn't have stated, I wouldn't start him but to say his performance was absolutely horrible is crap.

Do you bring back Janmaat after such a decent back 4 performance as that? Think if someone is dropped it would be harsh, especially since Janmaat has start the season in neutral.

Also think that's the end of us looking at defenders.

You could say that Man Utd didn't play well, but you could look at it as a case of us knowing Man Utd wouldn't press us much and us playing to suit that. Not many teams are going to go to OT and play Man Utd off the park, the top 4 aside you wouldn't expect I t to happen. We played well, yes the first 15 minutes was poor but that was mostly down to our errors rather than Man Utd. The game is played over 90 minutes and we did well enough to get a point over those 90 minutes, so stop with all the talk of what happened in the first 15 minutes.

While saylor and colo did well was ideal type of game for them with all teh deep defending. Would want mbemba back at Cb if we are seeking to dominate a game. Next week is arsenal even if its at home it is a possibility as likely we will be playing on the break again

Obertan was awful. Always made the wrong decision when his full back was 2 on 1. Offered poor cover. Offensively made poor decisions giving the ball back to manure. Defensive performance was despite him, surely can't start the next game

Do you bring back Janmaat after such a decent back 4 performance as that? Think if someone is dropped it would be harsh, especially since Janmaat has start the season in neutral.

Janmaat shouldn't walk straight back into the team, players coming in should be motivated by knowing a good game keeps them in the team.

Janmaat shouldn't walk straight back into the team, players coming in should be motivated by knowing a good game keeps them in the team.

Keep Taylor in then and Mbemba at right back  ?

can understand that as well

I would after today and I was totally against us lining up that way.  I hate seeing players doing well and getting dropped just because another player comes back unless the player coming back is a player you can't do without.

I would after today and I was totally against us lining up that way.  I hate seeing players doing well and getting dropped just because another player comes back unless the player coming back is a player you can't do without.

Know what you mean but I just don't know. I'd like Taylor in against Giroud but want Janmaat to get forward,Colo's reading of the game needs to be there for the way Arsenal play. Nice to have choices!

(And Williamson never mentioned once in those posts)

Thought that was a decent enough showing today. Was worth it seeing the frustration of all the cockney reds squirming in Westfield Stratford. Like poked far more resolute defensively. We surrender the midfield ridiculously easily; the slow bros in the middle with the pea heart of marrow heed makes for poor viewing.