Man United 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 22/08/15 - Post-match reaction from page 39

BlueStar

Just amazed by how they've spent so much and 10 of their 11 starting players are fucking shite.

They've invested a fortune yet need to invest more even to compete for fourth imho. Swansea had more attacking prowess than them. The correct thing would be to get in a decent striker and sabotage Rooney. Clearly nowhere near the player he was. 1.2 million quid a month. [emoji38]

Depay is ace but he's the only one who goes past people in their team. It's proper grim from a supposed Man Utd side. Saw some of their fans laughing at being linked to Sadio Mane but he'd walk into their team at the moment.

He'd be a massive upgrade on what they have at the moment

I'd keep the same back four against Arsenal. Janmaat needs to earn the shirt back.

Mbemba looked deeply uncomforatble first 15, kept driftign inside, and was caught out of position at least three times. Played well after this. So this may change, but I'd rather see him at CB, and I suspect he would rather play there. Think we need to use our best players, especially if this doesn't involve playing them out of position.

on the other side man utd looked clueless in attack, hitting the post aside krul was hardly making saves left right and centre

Two world class saves from Hernandez and Mata. Colo blocked three shots as well that were on target. How anyone can say Colo wasn't MOTM is beyond me. He saved it from being a spanking.

If this was a potential Man Utd spanking then you have to worried for your title chances this season.

I worry for Newcastle FC when a great performance is being stuck in your own box for 80 mins and having zero shots on target.

We were only stuck in our own box for the last 15-20 minutes. Bar the first quarter of the first half, we matched you in terms of general play. That shots on target statistic also conveniently ignores Mitrovic hitting the bar and Thauvin being an inch away from Cisse's cross. Your lot were nowt special today and a draw was the right result.

I'd keep the same back four against Arsenal. Janmaat needs to earn the shirt back.

I'd like to see.

Krul

Jan          Taylor            Colo        Had

Mbemba

Sissoko                  Win              Thauvin

Perez          Cisse\Mitrovic

Actually. I'll be fair. Darmian is a decent fullback. So a solid fullback and good winger in Depay. The rest are garbage.

Depay? Aka Gervinho 2?  :angel: No end product... He's about 12 yeats old so he'll probably turn out OK, but if he knew what to do with the ball after beating his man, they'd have won by at least 2 today. Seems like  a bit of a hype job for the  minute.

No, I didn't watch their Europa league match.

He earned his shirt a long time ago, simply by being a right back. That and he's one of our best players anyway. He starts.

I don't agree that he should start automatically, it's not fair on the players who come in and play well.

Defense was much better today. midfield was better aswell, mitrovic helping out immensely until he ran pout of steam on 75 mins. Holds the ball up well also. Very controlled game from Ayoze, much better tan obermong on other wing...

Wijnaldum has some great football visión and knowhow on the field, very impressed by him both attack wise and defense.

Haidara´s crosses were awful but he defened a bit better today.

I had wanted Aarons on for Mitrovic at the end there instead of Cisse. That break away, surely Aarons would have had the pace to run clear.

Thought the same: 'sliding doors' moment.  Never know if it may have created a problem we didn't see, but felt sure Rolando would have joined Gini more quickly.

Never knew Colo's English was so good! Didn't even know he could speak!  :lol:

tbf he's been here for 7 years, bound to have picked up enough english to get by in that time

Carlos Tevez says hi (in Spanish).

;D

Just amazed by how they've spent so much and 10 of their 11 starting players are fucking shite.

They've invested a fortune yet need to invest more even to compete for fourth imho. Swansea had more attacking prowess than them. The correct thing would be to get in a decent striker and sabotage Rooney. Clearly nowhere near the player he was. 1.2 million quid a month. [emoji38]

Depay is ace but he's the only one who goes past people in their team. It's proper grim from a supposed Man Utd side. Saw some of their fans laughing at being linked to Sadio Mane but he'd walk into their team at the moment.

He'd be a massive upgrade on what they have at the moment

100% agree. The two glory boys at work were turning their noses up at him when I mentioned him.

They blame all of their inability to attract the level of players they believe they should be, all on Edward Woodward. It's fantastic to witness their disgust at it all.

He earned his shirt a long time ago, simply by being a right back. That and he's one of our best players anyway. He starts.

I don't agree that he should start automatically, it's not fair on the players who come in and play well.

Taylor doesn't earn a place by playing one game relatively well compared to his usual level, because our best CB since the season started had to play RB. That's ludicrous. Mbemba and Colo were both better than Taylor today. Janmaat is our best right back. Just silly playing a CB at RB. We need to build a defensive unit.

Actually. I'll be fair. Darmian is a decent fullback. So a solid fullback and good winger in Depay. The rest are garbage.

Depay? Aka Gervinho 2?  :angel: No end product... He's about 12 yeats old so he'll probably turn out OK, but if he knew what to do with the ball after beating his man, they'd have won by at least 2 today. Seems like  a bit of a hype job for the  minute.

No, I didn't watch their Europa league match.

He's clearly quality. Everything they did today went through him. Mata and Rooney are both slow and shite.

Thought we defended superbly, after a dodgy start. Once we got a bit tighter and denied them space, it looked a lot better. Both DC's were excellent, Mbemba grew into the game and Mitrovic did really well up front (he's a big lad for 20 :o :) )

Really happy with the draw and performance. :) Man United can fuck off. :)

The only worry is why couln't we be this organised and switched on last week. Was it that we knew we had to this week but last week it was Swansea, not on the world stage etc.

Swansea play better football than Man Utd

Yup. Also he was directly responsible for 2 goals conceded this season already, in addition to a moronic red card.