Newcastle United vs Arsenal - Saturday 29th August 12:45pm (BT Sport 1)

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Guest Recoba

Looking forward to this.  Hope to see Thauvin and Mitrovic link up.  They did a massive hug duing the substitution last night.

Looking forward to this.  Hope to see Thauvin and Mitrovic link up.  They did a massive hug duing the substitution last night.

I guess Thauvin didn't wanna die just yet so he did what he had to.

I think we can win this one.  Against the dippers I've never seen such a pedestrian Arsenal.  Watch me hex it.

Don't know what Arsenal side you were watching man. They didn't score, but they still looked extremely dangerous.

It's going to be a tough game for our defence. But we've got players to threaten goals against them too. It'll be interesting that's for sure.

Just hope we can compete, and see the best of our players. Then we'll be in with a chance of getting something from the game.

This is the usual moment, where most of us have some hope of getting something from the game, and pretty happy with things in general compared to before. This is when reality strikes in, when someone pulls away the carpet beneath you and  everything crashes for the moment and we're back to being negative as fuck again :lol:

Would take a draw right now. Hopefully they'll still have Koscielny and Metresacker missing although the latter was only ill l think.

They looked much softer in the center without them against Liverpool, and less of a threat from corners etc. In the stats, Arsenal have conceded more shots than the three teams we've played so far, including shots on target. Callum Chambers in the middle vs. Mitro sounds pretty tasty.

Even more so than Swansea, Arsenal are a throughball team, so you have to press them hard and stay alert to all the runners. Otherwise they'll be in behind within 10 minutes like Swansea were.

Though we are improving, I think this fixture has come a bit too early for us. Giroud is pretty good in the air too, so maybe 2-1 to them. I thought Ayoze looked the part against Man U, so assuming that Thauvin comes in for Obertan, he'll be unlucky if he misses out to bring Sissoko back in. In the coming weeks, I hope Gini or Sissoko can show enough positionally/defensively to be played further back in place of Colback and Tiote, even in difficult games.

Mbemba has to start at CB and Janmaat at RB. I don't wanna have two slow CB's against Arsenal. Would be a bit surprised and disappointed if McClaren didn't drop Taylor despite having a decent game against Man U.

Yooooou're Tauvain, I bet you think this song is about you

Witty. Suspect wor Flor (Andy Caps to the match?) needs a bit of adoration to do his thing, so to avoid counter productive lip-on (score=get piss taken) we'd need a sense of humour check first.

Yooooou're Tauvain, I bet you think this song is about you

Witty. Suspect wor Flor (Andy Caps to the match?) needs a bit of adoration to do his thing, so to avoid counter productive lip-on (score=get piss taken) we'd need a sense of humour check first.

Don't worry, he wouldn't have a clue what it was.

Mbemba has to start at CB and Janmaat at RB. I don't wanna have two slow CB's against Arsenal. Would be a bit surprised and disappointed if McClaren didn't drop Taylor despite having a decent game against Man U.

The possibility didn't occur to me, playing Mbemba at RB long-term would be stupid.

I'd go:

Krul

Janmaat Mbemba Coloccini Haidara

Anita Wijnaldum

Thauvin de Jong  Perez

Mitrovic

I think SMc will go:

Krul

Janmaat Mbemba Coloccini Haidara

Anita Colback

Sissoko Wijnaldum Thauvin

Mitrovic

I like your first line up. Probably swap Sissoko for SDJ...depending on fitness.

McClaren actually has some tough decisions to make for this match. f***ing weird.

Obviously hope he does by next Wed as well :-). It is starting to look much stronger in attacking sense and can't argue much with the work being done so far but defensive mid and defence needs sorting / organised to give us a solid base. Not many teams below top 6 have ability we have going forward but we need to show it. Mitro, Cisse and Perez surely have 20-30 goals in them and then we have Thauvin,De Jong, Wijnaldum, Sissoko, Aarons that should produce around 20-30 goals as well. Hope our defence can improve

Still think he is a better option than either Anita and Colback but let's say your right only one of Anita or Colback should be playing (out of the two I would choose Anita) but I put money on now that if Sissoko is fit it will be Perez who is dropped and the continuation of 5 - 10 yard balls being played sideways and backwards. It's so obvious to see also and we would be a 10x better team without both playing so if I can see it (and just about everyone else also) then why can't McClaren? - we will see on Saturday but I bet I'm right.