Newcastle 0-1 Andre Marriner - 29/8/15 - Post Match Reaction From Page 5

Mike
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

I watched the highlights last night and I can't really see what the uproar is. Mitrovic has made a rod for his own back by being a knacker when he's come on as a sub and made it a fairly easy decision for the ref. Compare and contrast to Sissoko, who hasn't been a knacker and he gets a yellow.

They should have had a pen as well. The one that did annoy me was Thavin on Coquelin. Probably a free kick, very possibly a yellow, but Coquelin rolling around like that? Nah, I'm at pains to use it because it gets on my nerves when people say it, but that game has gone ridiculously soft.

I'd need to see the full match to see how the ref was overall and it didn't include the Coloccini challenge so I'm not fully informed, but of the big decisions we can have no complaints imo. I was expecting it to be like Mark Noble's red card, which is possibly the most pathetic red card I've ever seen.

That surely has to go down as England's worst ever strike force.

Jay Bothroyd and others have gotten caps in recent years, it's not that bad. I suppose we could be saying the same about Vardy in two years though.

No worse than the days of Crouch etc.

I'd take a Sterling-Rooney-Walcott front three, over Crouch-Defore any day of the week.

I watched the highlights last night and I can't really see what the uproar is. Mitrovic has made a rod for his own back by being a knacker when he's come on as a sub and made it a fairly easy decision for the ref. Compare and contrast to Sissoko, who hasn't been a knacker and he gets a yellow.

This was his third game man. You shouldn't be sending people off on 'reputation' after three fucking games.

Guest firetotheworks

This was his third game man. You shouldn't be sending people off on 'reputation' after three fucking games.

Precisely, but he does and it's his his own fault.

It's his own fault a ref who is considered universally shit by everyone sends him off on a 'reputation' gained in less than 2 full 90 minutes of football?

Nah.

Guest firetotheworks

It's his own fault a ref who is considered universally shit by everyone sends him off on a 'reputation' gained in less than 2 full 90 minutes of football?

Nah.

I didn't say that his reputation was the reason that he was sent off, I said that it contributed to an already late, clumsy challenge. Marriner is shit, but I don't argue with him being sent off for that. You're talking about a player that in his first interview said that he liked to fight, and who in those less than 2 full 90 minutes of football, rightly got a yellow card within seconds of coming on for his debut and who then did the same thing again vs Swansea and rightly got a yellow again. Up until that point he'd rightly had two yellow cards in something like 20 minutes of football.

It was an 'orange card' imo and with that in mind I'm not surprised at all that he got sent off, It's something we've seen coming. I also think that if Sissoko and Mitrovic's fouls were swapped, you'd still have Sissoko with a yellow and Mitrovic with a red.

What does saying he likes to fight have to do with missing the ball in a genuine attempt and landing on the other guys leg?

He was sent off cause the ref is shite and knew he'd fucked up the penalty decision earlier, plus he'd probably had Arsenal nipping his head before the game about Mitrovic as well I'm sure.

Still makes it a terrible sending off. Never a red.

Guest firetotheworks

What does saying he likes to fight have to do with missing the ball in a genuine attempt and landing on the other guys leg?

He was sent off cause the ref is shite and knew he'd fucked up the penalty decision earlier, plus he'd probably had Arsenal nipping his head before the game about Mitrovic as well I'm sure.

Still makes it a terrible sending off. Never a red.

I've literally just explained why. :lol:

It was a shit decision by a weak willed referee, probably influenced by a lot of things. It was not a red card challenge, it was barely a yellow. Correct decision would have been to give him a talking to, give him a chance to calm down IMO.

Surprised there hasn't been a poll TBH!  Split opinions all over the place.

I thought it was red at the time.  The more I look at it, the more I think it's a bit soft.  To coin a load of annoying ref phrases.  In this day and age.  Anything that can be seen as studs showing, a stamp, a rake etc.  Will usually result in a red card. 

I think it was mistimed and it nearly always looks worse in slow mo.  But he does then seem to stamp down, once he's hit that twat Coquelin's shin. 

Thing is if you're sending players off for that (eyes on the ball and stood in his foot) you will never see a match in the PL finish 11 v 11. Of course the cynic in me would suggest that had it been an Arsenal player on a Newcastle player a red card doesn't get shown.

Guest firetotheworks

I think you're all lying to yourselves if you think that you wouldn't be shouting for a red if it was the other way around.

Guest firetotheworks

I think you're all lying to yourselves if you think that you wouldn't be shouting for a red if it was the other way around.

The difference between a fan shouting for a decision and a professional referee giving it should not need explaining.

I mean as in you'd still be shouting on that it should have been a red now if it was the other way around. You need to take your NUFC goggles off imo.

I think some of them still haven't caught up with the tougher guidelines for referees concerning dangerous tackles and think it's still 1995. Going into a tackle with your studs up and shin high is asking for a red even if there is minimal contact. I had this argument on Saturday with mojo and he ended up telling me to fuck off. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

I think some of them still haven't caught up with the tougher guidelines for referees concerning dangerous tackles and think it's still 1995. Going into a tackle with your studs up and shin high is asking for a red even if there is minimal contact. I had this argument on Saturday with mojo and he ended up telling me to fuck off. :lol:

That reminds me, I saw Match of the Day highlights of a match between us an Wimbledon where Vinnie Jones nigh on kicked Rob Lee's head off and Jimmy Hill sat there and implied that the game had gone soft and that he was unfortunate to be sent off. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

I certainly wouldn't. How soft do people want this league to be, man.  Yellow card all day.

I think the majority would. It was late and over the ball with his studs down Coquelin's shin man. :lol: What more do you want? The only thing missing is it being intentional.

How do you even go in to that challenge without your studs showing man? He's in a standing position :lol: