Newcastle United vs Watford - Saturday 19th September at 3pm (not on TV)

Dave

People are going a bit mental like, Sissoko and Wijnaldum as the two CMs is nonsensical. :lol:

I don't think it's anyone's ideal choice but nonsensical is bullshit tbh considering the lineups we've witnessed so far.

You're going to be asking one of them to play a role they're desperately unsuited to man. The solution to us being unable to score goals is to change the balance of our team, not just imbalance it in another way.

Do you mean DM?

Do we need a fucking DM at home to Watford like if our attacking line up consists of Aarons, Perez, De Jong and Thauvin?

I don't think so.

And that ignores the fact the two players we've asked to play it so far are shit anyways, for the most part.

You need one of your CM's to be a bit more responsible, you can't just have them both go hell for leather bombing forward, you'll get caught on the break very easily and you'll struggle to build anything from the back as you've nobody in CM who can drop deep and get attacks started and nobody sitting deep to offer an option and recycle possession when attacks are looking like breaking down.

I'm not talking about putting in a destroyer ala Tiote, but I really don't think you can just tell your entire midfield to just go out and attack. Can't think of any teams who do tbh.

Problem isn't that we're playing with a sitter, the problem is that we're playing with two of them. Anita or (preferably) Colback, one of them has to go. But the answer isn't just putting out the most attacking lineup conceivable.

Yeah, the ideal would be to drop Colback but apparently that can't happen so I'd Anita has to go then take Colback out as well and let Wijnaldum sit deeper. He can easily play that role.

In sacrificing him you'd arguably have a much stronger attacking lineup.

Should be

Krul

Janmaat      Mbemba  Colo        Haidara

Sissoko  Wijnaldum

Thauvin        De Jong      Aarons

Perez

Thauvin and Haidara are the dodgy links right now, decided putting on same flank would be a disaster so let Thauvin cut in from right. Know we'll never get that but on form that is tbh the acceptable option

Should be

Krul

Janmaat      Mbemba  Colo        Haidara

Sissoko  Wijnaldum

Thauvin        De Jong      Aarons

Perez

Thauvin and Haidara are the dodgy links right now, decided putting on same flank would be a disaster so let Thauvin cut in from right. Know we'll never get that but on form that is tbh the acceptable option

what I would do too

and before people bang on about Sissoko being a midfielder ---------> consider gingerbread man

People are going a bit mental like, Sissoko and Wijnaldum as the two CMs is nonsensical. :lol:

I don't think it's anyone's ideal choice but nonsensical is bullshit tbh considering the lineups we've witnessed so far.

You're going to be asking one of them to play a role they're desperately unsuited to man. The solution to us being unable to score goals is to change the balance of our team, not just imbalance it in another way.

Do you mean DM?

Do we need a f***ing DM at home to Watford like if our attacking line up consists of Aarons, Perez, De Jong and Thauvin?

I don't think so.

And that ignores the fact the two players we've asked to play it so far are s*** anyways, for the most part.

You need one of your CM's to be a bit more responsible, you can't just have them both go hell for leather bombing forward, you'll get caught on the break very easily and you'll struggle to build anything from the back as you've nobody in CM who can drop deep and get attacks started and nobody sitting deep to offer an option and recycle possession when attacks are looking like breaking down.

I'm not talking about putting in a destroyer ala Tiote, but I really don't think you can just tell your entire midfield to just go out and attack. Can't think of any teams who do tbh.

Problem isn't that we're playing with a sitter, the problem is that we're playing with two of them. Anita or (preferably) Colback, one of them has to go. But the answer isn't just putting out the most attacking lineup conceivable.

Good post, I agree.

And Anita's been pretty good, don't really see why he should be dropped.

Just glanced at the Ryder article today and noticed this:

"It all depends on how jumpy you are but it’s easy to criticise when a team is bottom of the table. The West Ham game wasn’t pretty but with better cohesion, better service and better finishing, Newcastle could have taken something from the game."

So if we'd played an entirely different game we could have got something? No shit Sherlock.

Let's see if our manager has the balls to drop some non performers. Big test for him this weekend, loose and it'll be open season for him no doubt.

Others have said it but 2 of Colback, Anita and Sissoko have to go imo. Bring in Perez and De Jong.

He'll never do it like, I reckon it'll be Anita out, probably for fucking Tiote, and maybe Thauvin benched if he wants an extra attacker.

What would I play? One of either:

Krul                                                            Krul

Janmaat Mbemba Colo Haidara                      Janmaat Mbemba Colo Haidara

Wijnaldum Colback                                              Anita

Sissoko      Perez      Thauvin/Aarons      Thauvin  Sissoko  Wijnaldum Perez

De Jong                                                      De Jong

Just glanced at the Ryder article today and noticed this:

"It all depends on how jumpy you are but it’s easy to criticise when a team is bottom of the table. The West Ham game wasn’t pretty but with better cohesion, better service and better finishing, Newcastle could have taken something from the game."

So if we'd played an entirely different game we could have got something? No shit Sherlock.

:lol: What a quote that is.

Guest Roger Kint

long shot, but does anyone know if theres a place in Prague that will have the match on?

Not sure about non televised games but small possibility that Hooters will, Rocky o'Reillys will be showing something if you are in Praha1 around Wenscelas Square. May be better off looking at the two pubs on Old Town Square(George & Dragon and Cafferys) next to each other that show live games as does the Dubliner through the alleyway behind them and ask beforehand if they will.

Edit: Tipgames next to Rockys also might