Newcastle United vs Watford - Saturday 19th September at 3pm (not on TV)

Dave

Absolutely cannot persist with two defensive midfielders and one striker, we're just inviting pressure onto ourselves; as others have said, we need to stop dicking about and start running with a plain 4-4-2. Dave's team looks pretty much spot on to me.

I'm ready to die with Perez up front. No more Cisse, ever.

If not then Riviere, yes Emmanuelle Rivière up front, okay? Good.

Failing that play Gouffran up top or Armstrong must return. Even Toney can be plugged in.

Cisse should be left to train and smile with the kids. Stupid man.

Hate this 4-2-3-1 s***. It's never suited us

It's just asking for trouble. We aren't fluid enough to maintain possession or pose a threat with that system, so the ball is just coming straight back at us. We don't have a defence capable of handling that kind of pressure no matter how much "protection" you try to give them from midfield... That applies even more so when the protection is in the form of Anita and Colback.

Failing that play Gouffran up top or Armstrong must return. Even Toney can be plugged in.

I appreciate the usual Kaka craziness but Riviere is injured :lol:

I appreciate the usual Kaka craziness but Riviere is injured :lol:

He'd still be a better option than Cisse at the moment.

Krul

Jamnaat Mbemba Coloccini Haidara

Sissoko  Wijnaldum

Thauvin                                        Aarons

Perez  De Jong

I know both arent natural number 9's but Cisse can f*** off and so can playing one up front. Anita and Colback experiment shelved. 442 with pace and width and Sissoko/taking turns to bomb forward.

It's one of the reasons i like it actually, both are very fluid and intelligent and you should get the four breaking beyond them as well. Would obviously never happen in a million years though.

None of these midfield combinations convince me anymore. Genuinely feel like we have nothing in there.

May have to look at going with three at the back, which would allow a bit more cover, so we can pair Sissoko and Wijnaldum.

Janmaat right wing back. Aarons left wing back. Thauvin and Perez playing off De Jong.

3-4-2-1 formation.

None of these midfield combinations convince me anymore. Genuinely feel like we have nothing in there.

May have to look at going with three at the back, which would allow a bit more cover, so we can pair Sissoko and Wijnaldum.

Janmaat right wing back. Aarons left wing back. Thauvin and Perez playing off De Jong.

Yeah it was so obvious we needed a commanding central midfielder but we fucked it off for some reason. Completely clueless.

Not sure about three at the back, but would Sissoko and Wijnaldum be any worse than the alleged defensive pairing of anonymity we've had so far.  Wouldn't happen though as I'm worried that we're still in the position with a manager needing the undroppable Colback being more English than the other two.

Yeah it was so obvious we needed a commanding central midfielder but we f***ed it off for some reason. Completely clueless.

Not if you look at PSV. He's here and playing to far forward.

Yeah it was so obvious we needed a commanding central midfielder but we f***ed it off for some reason. Completely clueless.

Not if you look at PSV. He's here and playing to far forward.

Wijnaldum? Who does he play alongside though? I know it's cliche but we need a physical presence in the middle, and not necessarily a defensive one.