Newcastle United 2-2 Chelsea - 26/9/15 - Post match reaction from p. 32

Mike

Guest firetotheworks

Very impressive first half that. So weird how Chelsea just cannot play at SJP.

It's fucking weird isn't it? Worse than us at The Dell.

A solid first half. We have kept the ball well, not done all that much in attack, only really had 2 chances other than the goal. A solid performances over all in that half. All we need now is another solid performance and we could very well get something out of the game or even dare I say it, win it.

Hazard is the only one who's really threatened is so far.

What a difference. Best we've seen this season and several players looking good for the first time. Wijnaldum carrying the ball really well on several occasions.

Playing Perez off Mitrovic working well, who'd of thought it  :rolleyes:, and great individual skill from the former to take his goal.

How do transformations like this even happen? Test will be if they get a goal back I suppose, Mourinho has to up the ante now.

Anita & Colback are both actually having a good game. Mitrovic's calmness & strength upfront & having Perez next to him is bringing our midfielders into it more & giving everyone more confidence. Mbabu looks quality.

Everyone playing well so far, lets keep it up

Very impressive first half that. So weird how Chelsea just cannot play at SJP.

I really think that the atmosphere makes a huge difference when we play teams like these. For whatever reason the fans are far more up for it, yet when we expect we should beat "apparent" lesser teams and we don't score immediately the atmosphere becomes tense and that translates to the players.

I always look back to that Fulham game when we went down, the atmosphere should have been a cauldron yet typical Saturday 3pm and the crowd thought it was going to be piss easy so we didn't bother creating any form of an atmosphere.

Who'd have thought two up top might work?

Don't be silly.

Cisse and anyone else with him would have looked shit, because he is absolutely terrible.

Besides Ayoze is playing behind Mitro. He is just our best player in that number 10 spot.

Anita & Colback are both actually having a good game. Mitrovic's calmness & strength upfront & having Perez next to him is bringing our midfielders into it more & giving everyone more confidence. Mbabu looks quality.

Everyone playing well so far, lets keep it up

This has been the most impressed I've been with Colback all season.

That's one good half of football, let's hope they keep it up after the break. Perez is so good. Not particularly impressed with Mitrovic so far, but we're winning so f*** it.

He's causing problems simply by being a presence. They're constantly putting two on him which is making room for others. We'll see his threat (like the header) when he gets service.

That bag of wank Cisse being absent makes a massive difference, like, there's no doubt about it. Mitrovic hasn't figured that much but he at least has a presence about him.

Aye. They're actually scared of Mitrovic. They'd just be laughing at Cissé.