Newcastle United 2-2 Chelsea - 26/9/15 - Post match reaction from p. 32

Mike

That bag of wank Cisse being absent makes a massive difference, like, there's no doubt about it. Mitrovic hasn't figured that much but he at least has a presence about him.

Aye. They're actually scared of Mitrovic. They'd just be laughing at Cissé.

laughing at Cisse? He usually has his best game of the season against them.

It's almost as if McClaren needs an actual #9 for all this shit to work, the only time we have looked decent this year is when Mitrovic has played.

Absolutely imperative that we get another striker in January because of this, goes without saying though obviously.

Yep, even if it's a cheap player bought purely as a backup another target man is a must.

Very impressive first half that. So weird how Chelsea just cannot play at SJP.

I really think that the atmosphere makes a huge difference when we play teams like these. For whatever reason the fans are far more up for it, yet when we expect we should beat "apparent" lesser teams and we don't score immediately the atmosphere becomes tense and that translates to the players.

I always look back to that Fulham game when we went down, the atmosphere should have been a cauldron yet typical Saturday 3pm and the crowd thought it was going to be piss easy so we didn't bother creating any form of an atmosphere.

Yet Arsenal and Man City always always go away with 3 points. We've consistently got the hex over Chelsea.

It may sound stupid, but we look w*** when Mitrovic was suspended, he just offers so much, and is a vocal, what he did with the crowd was class, we need players like him in the team.

Loved that, passion. Him & Ayoze do look a good pairing. The formation in general is working well.

It may sound stupid, but we look w*** when Mitrovic was suspended, he just offers so much, and is a vocal, what he did with the crowd was class, we need players like him in the team.

I agree with earlier points, that his presence, or his pesky, pestering, pressing, pernickety, pulsating, 'IN YER FACE, presence... has been the main benefit.

That pass from Colback, he really is terrible. It's baffling how a top flight midfielder can be so bad at something u13s shoukd find easy.

ffs enjoy it man.

I am enjoying it. And credit where it's due Jack has played reasonably well. I was just pointing out how spectacularly bad he is at something so simple.

I missed this, what did he do?

Was waving his hands trying to get the crowd going.

It may sound stupid, but we look wank when Mitrovic was suspended, he just offers so much, and is a vocal, what he did with the crowd was class, we need players like him in the team.

I missed this, what did he do?

Urged the crowd on during play in the 17th minute.