Do you want NUFC to be relegated?

Guest palnese
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

i Would happily take 3 relegations in a row, because eventually he will leave, this club has been here a lot longer than him and will be a lot longer after, If we are never relegated, there will never be a rfeson for him to leave, you ask those supporters at southampton or leicester if they have enjoyed their journey more than ours over the last 5 years, even Man City had 3 relegations not that long ago and they never got over it did they? you can be as happy clappy as you want supporting this shell of a premier league club however whilst that fat cunt is here and the morons that still go and buy the merchandise it will never be the nufc i grew up and loved.the place is absolutely toxic as it has absolutely no reason to exist other than to fulfil the needs of sports direct.

O0

Yes. I also feel it needs to happen in order to get rid of Ashley.

I don't buy the argument that the club needs to stay in the PL so that we are more attractive to a potential buyer - we'll have a big cost factored in, due in part to the amount of money generated by the TV deal and potential advertising to an audience of that magnitude. This is exactly what Ashley is banking on, and if that is taken away there is no reason for him to continue with the ownership of this asset; he's certainly not in it for fun, nor to compete, it's purely to make money from.

It's NUFC by title only. A football club that will tell the masses it doesn't even want to compete in competitions. There is no interest to climb the table and compete, but only to do the bare minimum and stay there. If people stopped going, stopped buying the shirts, pies, tickets, beers, if we lost a global audience of that size and were away from that spotlight for a long time, losing his money and reducing his advertising, he would want absolutely nothing to do with this club.

I'd rather buy tickets under a new owner who gave a shit about fans and had ambition at the very least if it meant watching League 2 football. I could never bring myself at this point in time to take a free ticket to watch this shower of shite embarrass itself every week, purely out of principle.

I want to watch players who care about the club and give 100% every game. I want to care about the club again and be part of it again. I want to hope for better and to see the board and owner strive to make the club be as good as it possibly could be.

The division this happens in is irrelevant to me, battling like fuck to get out of League 1 is far more preferable to the current status quo. At least I'll give a shit again. 

You'll not see good players at Newcastle and if they are they'll be squandered and sold. That's the setup.

I know, but being able to root for someone like Perez for two years is better than whatever the championship equivalent is. I don't have the time anymore to watch as many non-Newcastle games as I did, so I'd rather see us with a few promising players.

I want to watch players who care about the club and give 100% every game. I want to care about the club again and be part of it again. I want to hope for better and to see the board and owner strive to make the club be as good as it possibly could be.

The division this happens in is irrelevant to me, battling like f*** to get out of League 1 is far more preferable to the current status quo. At least I'll give a s*** again. 

:thup:

This question has too many sub-questions really.

I said "No" on the basis I always want us to be the best we can be.

However, the best way to get rid of Ashley is by hitting him in the pocket, which also means relegation and the demise of NUFC. Rock and a hard place.

Ultimately, we need rid of the fat fuck and like most in here I'd be there in the third division. So I don't necessarily want it, but I'd take it if it meant removing jabba the cunt.

Eeh, get in, thought it would take until at least November before we got to this stage again.

Wouldn't make a blind bit of difference. All he has to do is plough in a few million and we'll bounce straight back up.

This argument is bullshit quite honestly. Last time we had a core group of players who cared and a manager who could motivate them, the present squad and manager are the complete opposite. The better players would leave, not that we have many good ones and the rest of the dross currently pulling on the shirt don't give a fuck and are crap anyhow. We could go down for a while, good, he might sell up. It would be worth finding out.

Anyone voting yes is a joke in my opinion and id guess most aren't from the local area the atmosphere around the hole city was awful last time we went down.

I'm not from Newcastle and I voted yes.

I'm miles beyond giving a fuck about somebody thinking I'm a "bad fan" at this point. Honestly, that statement would only be inaccurate because I'm probably no longer a fan of this club at all.

:thup:

If it wasn't for this forum I'd probably not even care about anything NUFC related at this point. Dead inside, just like NUFC.

Eeh, get in, thought it would take until at least November before we got to this stage again.

Wouldn't make a blind bit of difference. All he has to do is plough in a few million and we'll bounce straight back up.

This argument is bullshit quite honestly. Last time we had a core group of players who cared and a manager who could motivate them, the present squad and manager are the complete opposite. The better players would leave, not that we have many good ones and the rest of the dross currently pulling on the shirt don't give a fuck and are crap anyhow. We could go down for a while, good, he might sell up. It would be worth finding out.

what do you mean, McClaren was quality in the championship for a few months each season don't you know, and the football was apparently to die for

I can only think that there's a hidden assumption that the Championship would be a temporary resting place before we bounce back. That could take years. And if or when we get back, the gap between us and the top teams would then probably be even wider, with the financial advantages that comes with Premiership football.

Absolute bollocks. The same arguments were made last time, then we went down and it was apparent the league was pony. And it's very hard to abide comments like 'we could go down for a while, good'. Lunacy.

There is a certain humour in seeing those who only follow Newcastle as a result of the widespread appeal of the 'BPL Brand' suddenly advocating us dropping like a stone into the depths of English football. Each to their own.

Guest firetotheworks

Sometimes I wonder why you engage in debates when your entire comeback to a well made point about us having a core of players who cared is 'absolute bollocks'...It's not absolute bollocks at all, at least not as a point to make. We certainly didn't come back up because Ashley 'ploughed in a few million' so I'm not sure why that line of thinking makes more sense than what actually happened. Nor do I think it's that relevant saying that the same arguments were made last time, that was a one-off situation with different players and a different manager, 6 years ago. Of course you could make that same argument about Ashley not spending then but spending if it happened again, except there's no evidence to suggest that anything has changed or will ever change under Ashley, only the opposite.

Doesn't necessarily WANT Newcastle to get relegated. If they go down it won't feel as much of a loss really.  My interest in the club has declined rapidly in recent years to the point where I don't have my passion for the club anymore.

Basically, I can watch any game in the EPL on TV and enjoy it. NUFC matches are just grim to watch. But they are a bit fun because the team stinks so bad.

I love watching Aguero play, and I'm sure Klopp at Liverpool will be exciting. I certainly hope so. I really like Klopp.

Still voted no mind.

Absolute bollocks. The same arguments were made last time, then we went down and it was apparent the league was pony. And it's very hard to abide comments like 'we could go down for a while, good'. Lunacy.

There is a certain humour in seeing those who only follow Newcastle as a result of the widespread appeal of the 'BPL Brand' suddenly advocating us dropping like a stone into the depths of English football. Each to their own.

Nice thinly veiled way of saying you're not from the area. We have no idea what the precedent is in lower leagues based on only the one season. The only precedent set only leads to the sole conclusion that on balance we probably don't warrant being in the premier league - whether you believe that's due to Ashley or not.

Guest alijmitchell

My immediate thoughts were no, because I can't want us to lose - ideally I'd want a successful club doing the best it can, competing in the top leagues and pushing on. However, in the long run, I do believe it is necessary. Not just one though, but an entire restructuring, failing of the club in its current guise. I also think that the relationship between fans/club would be more important in lower leagues - getting relegated removes a huge chunk of money coming into the club from TV, and a prolonged stay in the lower leagues means that fans attendance become the main driver of income again. Which also means that protests, walkaways are likely to have more effect. Perhaps.

Get relegated again we'll be left with:

Darlow

XX Coloccini Dummett Mbabu

XX Colback?

Obertan XX Aarons

Armstrong

Much weaker than what we had the last time.

riviere, toney, williamson, lascelles, maybe haidara, taylor too.

but aye, meh.