Newcastle United vs Stoke City - Saturday 31/10/15 15:00 (no TV)

Beren

Looks like Lascelles is ahead of Dummett in the pecking order for centre half so he'll probably get the start - the extra height should come in useful against this lot.

Expect Anita in for Colback as the only other change.

Unless Crouch starts Stoke are no taller than the average these days.

Saying that if they turn up and don't just play for a 0-0 they might win.

:thup: after watching the Norwich and Sunderland matches they'll have sussed that all they need to do is shut up shop and capitalise on the 1 or 2 chances they get gifted to them at the other end.

We really need to work on breaking teams down, an impossible job with Tiote and Jack Colback as your lynch pin in midfield.

Unless Crouch starts Stoke are no taller than the average these days.

Saying that if they turn up and don't just play for a 0-0 they might win.

:thup: after watching the Norwich and Sunderland matches they'll have sussed that all they need to do is shut up shop and capitalise on the 1 or 2 chances they get gifted to them at the other end.

We really need to work on breaking teams down, an impossible job with Tiote and Jack Colback as your lynch pin in midfield.

Hopefully Bojan & Arnautovic come down with a heavy case of the shits pre-game and have to cry it off.

The spine is so weak man.

Elliot

[insert any two of our shit collection of CBs]

Colback & Tiote/Anita

Mitrovic

Even at full strength it's woefully inadequate. As I think I have said before if you have a solid spine you can get by with having shit elsewhere. We've gone the other way and it kills us.

Felt we needed 7 points from Norwich, Makems, and Stoke. Appreciate we didn't NEED 7, but not sure how long I can keep the we're not far away, it's all coming together narrative going in my head (...without wanting to smash my own cheekbones). We need three points.

Was going to moan about the fact we have to play dross like Stoke City, but I think they probably have more right to complain than we do. Football is wank.

Rugby World Cup final overlaps with this I think.. might have to give it a miss. Shame.

They've won their last two away games at Villa and Swansea, but in total have scored fewer goals than us. They've conceded half as many goals off nearly as many shots allowed as us. I've only seen them in highlights, but their keeper looked very useful.

On the whole, their stats make them sound pretty bad, so we should be looking to win this. In addition to needing to, that is.

With the Blobster in net we are going to need to score at least 3 to get something.

This. We'll need at least 2 goals to win this. Is Darlow not ready to come back yet or failing that just hoy a traffic cone in there instead.

I can't think of a goal that Elliott should have saved yet TBH. I agree he's relatively crap, but I'm not sure he's worth as many goals against as people think :lol: