Newcastle United vs Stoke City - Saturday 31/10/15 15:00 (no TV)

Beren

Elliot

Janmaat - Mbemba - Colo - Dummett

Tiote

Sissoko                Wijnaldum

de Jong

Perez - Mitrovic

Would be interested in seeing this.

I know De Jong as thought of more as a #10 but if he could play CM that would be huge for us. Alongside a pure ball winner ala Tiote it might have a chance to work (Tiote being absolutely awful somewhat hinders this, but we don't have much else). Sissoko and Wijnaldum aren't exactly wingers so those two tucking in to help provide more support should make us more solid.

If they don't think SDJ can play there then it'll be Anita and Tiote no doubt. Let's just hope it's Anita who's given the freedom to get forward of the two.

Would also like to see the front six go...

Anita

Sissoko              Wijnaldum

Perez                                                  Thauvin

Mitrovic

With Perez and Thauvin swapping flanks.

Though I am hesitant to change a system that's been working well for us, especially moving Sissoko and Wijnaldum central.

Has De Jong had enough game time to start? Wouldn't have thought so but could be wrong.

So let him play an hour then and replace him with Thauvin. He will never be ready if he's only getting 10 minuts in one game, then two games without playing, 10 minuts again...McClaren needs to involve more players.

Aye, Midfield needs shaking up more. The front 2 is the only thing that needs to stay constant

So by shaking up a bit you mean fuck with the only two midfielders we've had actually performing to a decent level two games after one of them scored 4 and the other made 4, then one game after Wijnaldum looked our best bet for a goal and Sissoko performed well on the right (until the sending off).

It would be madness to fuck with the team at this point, just play Anita and see if the front 4 can put it together again, if they're struggling change at HT or before 60 mins.

Elliot

Janmaat - Mbemba - Colo - Dummett

Tiote

Sissoko                Wijnaldum

de Jong

Perez - Mitrovic

Would be interested in seeing this.

I know De Jong as thought of more as a #10 but if he could play CM that would be huge for us. Alongside a pure ball winner ala Tiote it might have a chance to work (Tiote being absolutely awful somewhat hinders this, but we don't have much else). Sissoko and Wijnaldum aren't exactly wingers so those two tucking in to help provide more support should make us more solid.

If they don't think SDJ can play there then it'll be Anita and Tiote no doubt. Let's just hope it's Anita who's given the freedom to get forward of the two.

Would also like to see the front six go...

Anita

Sissoko              Wijnaldum

Perez                                                  Thauvin

Mitrovic

With Perez and Thauvin swapping flanks.

Though I am hesitant to change a system that's been working well for us, especially moving Sissoko and Wijnaldum central.

If De Jong is really to be considered a #10 then he's a striker not a midfielder, and shouldn't have been bought. That said, I think he should definitely be capable of playing as a genuine midfielder and alongside Tiote you would actually have two midfielders who are capable of going box to box. Of course you'd want Tiote back and De Jong further forward, but it would give us some legs in the centre mid area.

But De Jong is bound to be off the pace and Tiote has proven himself to be unable to run around. Seems the least legs of any combination we have.

Tiote will be starting his third game, he should have shook off any rust by now. De Jong has been training for a while now as well, he might be out of touch but it shouldn't affect his running.

I honestly can't ever see De Jong continuing as a top level footballer because of his lung issues. He's had to have them stapled to his ribcage to try to prevent them from collapsing again.

Just don't think we'll ever see him complete 90 mins. I hope I'm wrong like.

But De Jong is bound to be off the pace and Tiote has proven himself to be unable to run around. Seems the least legs of any combination we have.

Tiote will be starting his third game, he should have shook off any rust by now. De Jong has been training for a while now as well, he might be out of touch but it shouldn't affect his running.

He's played a combined 90 minutes. And he hasn't started in 10 months. He's off the pace physically, his legs maybe gone.

Everything points to Anita in for Colback and dassit.

He's very intelligent and more positive but he's woefully slow. Makes colback look like speedy Gonzalez

Would be up against a Stoke CM pair of Glenn Whelan and Charlie Adam though, not exactly a couple of speed merchants!

Elliot

Janmaat  Mbemba    Coloccini  Dummet

Tiote          Gini 

Sissoko                                Aarons

Mitrovic                Perez

He's very intelligent and more positive but he's woefully slow. Makes colback look like speedy Gonzalez

Would be up against a Stoke CM pair of Glenn Whelan and Charlie Adam though, not exactly a couple of speed merchants!

Well quite though I don't expect him to be the vast improvement we need. He's like someone just said, more of a berbatov type.