Tottenham Hotspur 1-2 Newcastle United - 13/12/15 - Post-match reaction from p28

Greg

When was the last time we scored a last gasp goal let alone a winner? Genuinely can't remember we ever doing anything like that recently.

erm... last week

Nah. What i meant was a goal to win the match from a draw position, especially in the last minute?

When was the last time we scored a last gasp goal let alone a winner? Genuinely can't remember we ever doing anything like that recently.

erm... last week

Nah. What i meant was a goal to win the match from a draw position, especially in the last minute?

Surely you've just described a last gasp winner?

Watching the highlights last night and I was baffled at what Anita was doing. Instead of marking the far post he was half way across the goal line and behind Elliot (potentially blocking any movement backwards from Elliot). When you are on the post you have to stay there until the danger has been cleared, something even at school I knew you had to do, as it happens because I was never physically as strong I always placed myself on the back post and blocked a few shots from going in that way. I'm not saying Anita would have got to the ball at the far post, his height would have meant he would still have had a bit of work to do to get to it, but by coming across the goal line he took himself out of contention for the ball as it was able to sail over him before dropping and going in.

Watching the highlights last night and I was baffled at what Anita was doing. Instead of marking the far post he was half way across the goal line and behind Elliot (potentially blocking any movement backwards from Elliot). When you are on the post you have to stay there until the danger has been cleared, something even at school I knew you had to do, as it happens because I was never physically as strong I always placed myself on the back post and blocked a few shots from going in that way. I'm not saying Anita would have got to the ball at the backlist, his height would have meant he would still have had a bit of work todo to get to it, but by coming across the goal line he took himself out of contention for the ball as it was able to sail over him before dropping and going in.

Anita would have actually cleared it if Elliot hadnt got a hand to it

Yeah I thought he'd shifted over to the post by the time Elliot got a hand on it, but haven't seen a replay since yesterday. He kind of threw up his hands afterwards too in what looked like frustration as he would have cleared it.