Tottenham Hotspur 1-2 Newcastle United - 13/12/15 - Post-match reaction from p28

Greg

Must say, thought it was offside when it happened live... perfectly timed though.

When the players were celebrating all I could hear was the referee blowing his whistle and I had a horrible feeling a flag had gone up

:lol: yeah, same.

Head coach McClaren has previously admitted that his team are too quiet – on and off the pitch.

But the players finally had something to say as they attempted to reorganise after a challenging first half.

“Half-time was a big, big test for this team,” said McClaren.

“I thought we’d competed well and were really disappointed and angry with the goal. The players at half time were great. It was a win for the players, this. They were terrific at half-time.

“I’ve come in at half time before and the dressing room has been quiet and disappointed.

“But it was so vocal, and there was such a determination amongst the players not to lead down the normal path of losing the game.

“The response in the second half was fantastic. I think we grew, got stronger and deserved the win.”

Asked who the “big voices” were in the dressing room, McClaren added: “To be fair, there was so much going on.

“Robbie Elliot, (Fabricio) Coloccini – to be fair all of them, all of them. It was a question before of we couldn’t get anything from them, (but yesterday) we couldn’t shut them up.

“Everybody took it on board, and that is the pleasing thing for me.

“We’ve not won back-to-back games for over a year, and not had a comeback win for about a year, so to do was immense.

Encouraging, actually. About time this lot started to show more desire and general balls.

If his attacking headers are anything to go by, why is Wijnaldum not in our box defending corners? Unless you want to use his pace for a counter attack (for which he would be needed further up the pitch anyway), he should surely be in our box?