WBA v Newcastle United - Monday 28th December 2015, 3.00pm

Robster

Don't have a problem with the selection.

Ordinarily I'd agree given the lack of genuine choices available, but I hope McClaren doesn't dare reference tiredness if we lose given almost every single player played 90mins the other night on a heavy pitch.

Ordinarily I'd agree given the lack of genuine choices available, but I hope McClaren doesn't dare reference tiredness if we lose given almost every single player played 90mins the other night on a heavy pitch.

Didn't we only make one change on Saturday night and that was very late in the game, 85th minute or something.

In this day and age it's very unusual not to make changes when games are so close together, Christ playing Thursday - Sunday is supposedly too hard for them yet we play the same team within 46 hours of each game.

I think Mbabu for Dummett was obvious, given Dummett just isn't a good fullback and Mbabu at least might be. Dummett should probably be in the centre with Mbemba anyway.

The rest is so so, I don't know the fitness levels of the players but I think we'd be better off starting with De Jong than introducing him from the bench where his impact will be probably even less.

Should have been Mbabu and Thauvin on the left, and I'd consider dropping Mitro and playing Perez up front and getting Gini in the position he's best for to see him get on the end of a 1/2 chance or two and get a goal for us.

I swear this happens every season. A young player (in this case Mbabu) gets a run in the side, looks very handy, exits the team for one reason or another and simply cannot get back in. Often in favour of someone inferior. Christ, the amount of times it happens. Just don't understand it.

Should have been Mbabu and Thauvin on the left, and I'd consider dropping Mitro and playing Perez up front and getting Gini in the position he's best for to see him get on the end of a 1/2 chance or two and get a goal for us.

:thup:

Dummett and Colback out with Gini moved into the middle for me. Happy that Mitro and Ayoze are still up top though, hopefully a better performance from both.

:thup: Like others I wouldn't be averse to seeing Dummett dropped like. Elsewhere, don't see much benefit in changing things.