Arsenal vs Newcastle United - Saturday 2nd January 2016 - 3pm

Stifler

For this particular game it isn't a bad idea to play this kind of set up given that we'll be able to counter like against Spurs and Liverpool. The problem is that if it works again McClaren is so thick that he'll think it will work against all teams and do the same again the next game

The walking heart attack on BBC Newcastle reckons it's Perez out wide and Gini off Mitrovic.

That at be a bit better, seen nothing of Wijnaldum to suggest he is a number 10 like. Would like Sissoko dropped in there short term with Perez right, Thauvin left and Wijnaldum in centre

Not seen anything to suggest the guy who's scored from advanced central positions to not play there? Huh?

Colback yet a again. ffs

Play something like

Blob

Jan      Mbemba      NotArsed      Mbabu

Perez        Tiote      Winny        Thauvin

Sissoko      Mitromiss

And we might actually cause problems.

The walking heart attack on BBC Newcastle reckons it's Perez out wide and Gini off Mitrovic.

That at be a bit better, seen nothing of Wijnaldum to suggest he is a number 10 like. Would like Sissoko dropped in there short term with Perez right, Thauvin left and Wijnaldum in centre

Not seen anything to suggest the guy who's scored from advanced central positions to not play there? Huh?

Don't doubt he can score goals but that's not all a number 10 does. Supposed to link play and his movement ain't great in that area from what I have seen.

Don't doubt he can score goals but that's not all a number 10 does. Supposed to link play and his movement ain't great in that area from what I have seen.

Did he not do that for PSV?

PSV played 433 I'm pretty sure so Wijnaldum would have been a lot deeper than a number 10.

PSV played 433 I'm pretty sure so Wijnaldum would have been a lot deeper than a number 10.

PSV play in a league full of bus drivers, I'm pretty sure he played fairly forward.

From what I remember he played just off the striker. Might be completely wrong though.

Colback yet a again. ffs

Play something like

Blob

Jan      Mbemba      NotArsed      Mbabu

Perez        Tiote      Winny        Thauvin

Sissoko      Mitromiss

And we might actually cause problems.

Ouch! Your team selection is woeful...

Potentially the only one worse than Steve has picked! Sissoko up front? Perez right wing?

Sissoko as more of a number 10 actually.

Lets see your fantastic suggestion?

"Same again lads"  :lol:

If it ain't broke, why fix....umm..

Newcastle 0-1 Everton

Newcastle United manager Steve McClaren pleased despite Everton loss

"That kind of performance, that bodes well for the future"

Possession

Newcastle 41% - 59% Everton

Shots on Target

Newcastle 1 - 7 Everton

"If we carry on like this - performances, attitude, the way we fight for things - we'll have a better second half (to the season) than the first."

"Same again lads"  :lol:

Newcastle 0-1 Everton

Possession

Shots on Target

Newcastle 1 - 7 Everton

"If we carry on like this - performances, attitude, the way we fight for things - we'll have a better second half (to the season) than the first."

In all fairness our chances were headers and are not classed as shot on target.

Shots on target is a misleading stat, keep hitting them from 35 yards out and it's classed as a shot on target when the keeper gathers it.

We were much better in the 2nd half in that game, the first half was terrible.

"Same again lads"  [emoji38]

Newcastle 0-1 Everton

Possession

Shots on Target

Newcastle 1 - 7 Everton

In all fairness our chances were headers and are not classed as shot on target.

Shots on target is a misleading stat, keep hitting them from 35 yards out and it's classed as a shot on target when the keeper gathers it.

We were much better in the 2nd half in that game, the first half was terrible.

Headers are classed as shots as far as I know

Is playing players in their correct position such a daft idea?

No, but we saw this with Pardew, he played them in their correct positions against teams he knew they wouldn't have a chance of gaining possession, then dropped the whole idea.