Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

Happy with this tbh, he's always looked decent in games I've watched him, kind of player you worry about when he's playing against you.

same, he can strike from distance as well from midfield, cant remember the last one of them we had.

Cabaye? I think of Cabaye often.

:lol: aye, me too.

Happy with this tbh, he's always looked decent in games I've watched him, kind of player you worry about when he's playing against you.

same, he can strike from distance as well from midfield, cant remember the last one of them we had.

Cabaye could curl one from distance right enough, think Shelvey has a lot more power in his shots.

Fair enough, I just think player fees are a valid topic of debate, I don't expect anyone to be gutted we spent a few million too much :lol:

we'll agree to disagree, I dont think its valid at all where nufc and hits regime are concerned.  :thup:

soo..

Mitro

Perez            Gini

Sissoko       

Saivet  Shelvey 

?

Something like that?

Cabaye could curl one from distance right enough, think Shelvey has a lot more power in his shots.

Man Utd (H) free kick is a screamer.

Cabaye for whatever Palace paid is a better deal in terms of performance than £12m for Shelvey though. Such an intelligent player.

BTW -no way is LB more of a priority than ST or CB. Absolutely no way. Strikers can't score, defenders can't head, Dummett can do the main job of defending and stop crosses. I'd even buy a proper LM before replacing Dummett.

If we're spending £12m on a CM I'd rather it not be on Shelvey. Could have got Fernando from Sampdoria for around that and he's miles better.

We're desperate for someone who is used to playing in the PL though, so happy to get a slightly inferior player that won't need six to twelve months to adapt.

If we're spending £12m on a CM I'd rather it not be on Shelvey. Could have got Fernando from Sampdoria for around that and he's miles better.

we've no time for anyone to find their feet, we need proven players who can do it in this league.

I wasn't complaining about the fee as such, I just can't get over the prices you see these days, even though there's a perfectly reasonable explanation. That being said, I don't understand why we've all-of-a-sudden decided to start paying the going rate for players that are barely going to improve us (but I'm talking more about Mitrovic/Thauvin in that case). Shelvey is a decent signing.

He's done well? Was absolutely shit when I saw him before Sampdoria.

Cautiously optimistic about this one. Hope the sharp decline that Swansea fans have noted was more to do with him wanting out than anything more fundamental. As we all know, if one club can get the best out of players who have lost their way a bit it's us.