Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

Waste of a signing and money, doesn't offer much but hollywood balls.

Those three points at home to West Ham might be critical, like.

Fucking garbage signing. When you think of the aid we needed in January - and we ended up with this guy, absent from arguably our best performance of the season. :anguish:

Worst trainer in the club according to Lascelles. Not surprising, looks lazy as f*** when he plays as well

Where did Lascelles say that?

In the programme for tonights game

The actual comments sounded pretty savage when read out on Sky, something along the lines of "He can be the best trainer but when his head isn't right he let's it affect him too much and is the worst" [emoji38] Jamal taking candour to a whole new level lately.

Wouldn't be surprised if he started on Saturday given Rafas predeliction for changing things and Liverpools possible change of team, not exactly a high pressurising team so maybe a game for him ?

Guest neesy111

Wouldn't be surprised if he started on Saturday given Rafas predeliction for changing things and Liverpools possible change of team, not exactly a high pressurising team so maybe a game for him ?

You've never seen a Jurgen Klopp team before.  Not a high pressuring team. :spit:

You've never seen a Jurgen Klopp team before.  Not a high pressuring team. :spit:

I've watched Liverpool a few times this season and no they haven't been.

Dat gegenpressing #TCD

Worst trainer in the club according to Lascelles. Not surprising, looks lazy as f*** when he plays as well

Was it jokey ('who's longest in the shower?' type thing) or serious? Because that's pretty strong stuff if not. :lol:

He's more of a number 10,just add him to the list of number 10s in the squad.

He isn't, his long passing is his best attribute by a mile. He's not agile or skillful enough to be a number 10

Late to the the conversation but I agree with this. I feel that if you asked him where he'd prefer to play, he'd say #10 but he's obviously not good enough to play there.

Was it jokey ('who's longest in the shower?' type thing) or serious? Because that's pretty strong stuff if not.[emoji38]

I would also like to know this.

Dat gegenpressing #TCD

If you use the term 'gegenpressing' seriously then you're a fucking tool.

I'm taken aback by this. Regardless of whether it's true or not, a club shouldn't be allowing one player to criticise another in the official match programme.

If the team and the manager are supportive of Lascelles with this, then Shelvey is finished here.

I'm taken aback by this. Regardless of whether it's true or not, a club shouldn't be allowing one player to criticise another in the official match programme.

If the team and the manager are supportive of Lascelles with this, then Shelvey is finished here.

This kind of thing is said all of the time, i haven't watched it in years but it used to be on soccer am every week, pretty sure match day programmes up and down the country feature similar 'banter' interviews like that.

The reason it's been raised is because it's lascelles that has said it, and shelvey has just been dropped. It's insensitive in that sense, but other than that, it's just another pretty pointless player interview. I wouldn't read too much into it, personally.