Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

Spoke to a Swansea lad I know and he said he's rubbish as a holding midfielder or deep midfielder but has potential as a box-to-boxer. He reckons as long as he's not got the most defensive responsibility of the CMs, he'll be OK. Can be very, very erratic in his performances, though.

CB, LB, ST next pls

Aye. LB being top priority IMO, as Dummett is utter garbage.

So true, spend 10m on a strong and quick lb that has the technique to play football as well as defend and the team is suddenly far better.

At least they're trying something, which is a start.

Not convinced on Shelvey. Obviously I'd hope he's a substantial upgrade on what we have now but the fact Swansea are willing to flog him for what I would consider to be a low fee for an England international of his age is a concern.

Spoke to a Swansea lad I know and he said he's rubbish as a holding midfielder or deep midfielder but has potential as a box-to-boxer. He reckons as long as he's not got the most defensive responsibility of the CMs, he'll be OK. Can be very, very erratic in his performances, though.

Shelvey basically has no defense.  Those who think Shelvey and Saivet could make a good partnership and bring us better results need to realize this hugely depends on how many goals we can score because now the protection for our back four is non existent.

I know some people will be underwhelmed by this but I'll be absolutely delighted if this comes off. A forward passer in the middle of the pitch who's capable of adding a threat from distance as well is something we've lacked since Cabaye left. He could be pivotal in keeping

us up if the right people are left out of the side.

Shelvey basically has no defense.  Those who think Shelvey and Saivet could make a good partnership and bring us better results need to realize this hugely depends on how many goals we can score because now the protection for our back four is non existent.

Compared to the brick wall that is Colback & Anita?

Compared to the brick wall that is Colback & Anita?

You will realize a paper is better than an air very soon.

If Shelvey and Saivet do what they are meant to I would expect the team to significantly improve in all areas lessening the need for others...

I agree with this.

I think it'll also give us a more balanced midfield as playing with 2 deep lying DM's is the biggest reason for us not creating chances in each game.