Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

Henderson is awful, a nothing footballer!

Such rubbish.

He is, watch him closely and there isn't an awful lot that he does to impact the game in any meaningful way. I'd want far more from a player in his position.

I used to think this, but he's a massive player for Liverpool even more under klopp.

Not my kind of player at all. If it works for Klopp though...

I wouldn't have him anywhere near the England team though.

he's not rubbish but henderson is far from a top class midfielder like, works hard as fuck which will be paying off under klopp obvs but he's not a straight DM and doesn't score or assist enough to be a major attacking threat

Haven't seen him that much apart from the highlights and the odd game but what a change of events considering what most of us expected from him. There's never been any doubts about him having talent. Say what you want about the level of the Championship, but he's changed for the better and is fitter than ever, and is really enjoying his football playing with great confidence and this is the biggest reason he is doing so well for us, and long may it continue. I'm certain that if he looks after himself and continues with the attitude he has now then he will be a very good player in the PL as well.

Fucking owns this league. Pisses it. Runs the show from the first minute to the last, big fan of him.

He's totally bossing it. He's mega confident at the moment. He seems to be improving on his weaker game elements as well, Rafa is definitely helping him with that. I just hope if we go up that he is able to keep improving to dominate in the Premier League on a regular basis. He's got the tools.

Fucking owns this league. Pisses it. Runs the show from the first minute to the last, big fan of him.

He's totally bossing it. He's mega confident at the moment. He seems to be improving on his weaker game elements as well, Rafa is definitely helping him with that. I just hope if we go up that he is able to keep improving to dominate in the Premier League on a regular basis. He's got the tools.

could we realistically go with him + a.n.o. in the PL or would we need to be looking at playing a 4-2-3-1 or something to allow him the freedom to try and run games with the ball at his feet?

big fan of him this season, yet again yesterday he was afforded a huge amount of time on the ball, thats they key to this fella.

PL midfields get right on him and he's not effective so enjoy him this year because as was seen last season he struggles with the big boys.

however he has been the catalyst of everything this season so far. O0

I have a pretty good feeling i will enjoy him in the PL next year as well. At least not writing him off now already. It's safe to say that he's on a different level mentally now compared to before, and so much more fit. This is the biggest reason he is doing THIS well. Last seasons Shelvey would never be this good, not even in the Championship, not a chance.

Also, when confident and enjoying your football you also work harder and want the ball more than usual. This is also another reason that he gets so much time on the ball. Good players manage to do this better than others. I'm sure the opposition knows Shelvey and that he is our best player and that they should stop him, but it's not always that simple just putting a man close to him all the time.

I have a pretty good feeling i will enjoy him in the PL next year as well. At least not writing him off now already. It's safe to say that he's on a different level mentally now compared to before, and so much more fit. This is the biggest reason he is doing THIS well. Last seasons Shelvey would never be this good, not even in the Championship, not a chance.

fair comment, but he does have to prove himself again in the PL ,should he get us there  :lol:

im not writing him off, its wether he can find space

big fan of him this season, yet again yesterday he was afforded a huge amount of time on the ball, thats they key to this fella.

PL midfields get right on him and he's not effective so enjoy him this year because as was seen last season he struggles with the big boys.

Such a simplistic view. He's already proved he can do it in the Premier League, although only in patches. Hopefully under Rafa and the team all pulling in the same direction he can be more consistent at the top level. The big key for next season is signing another central midfielder to play with him at that level.

fair comment, but he does have to prove himself again in the PL ,should he get us there  :lol:

im not writing him off, its wether he can find space

Edited my earlier post above about the space part.

Such a simplistic view. He's already proved he can do it in the Premier League, although only in patches. Hopefully under Rafa and the team all pulling in the same direction he can be more consistent at the top level. The big key for next season is signing another central midfielder to play with him at that level.

yep only in patches, which costs you games when he loses possession, the reason he "bosses" this league is yes his class but also he has time to show it, however he is the first name on the sheet now for me and is our key to unlocking games

Was MoM for me, yesterday. Love the way he dictates and runs the game - superb range of passing. I think Rafa is bringing the best out of him and will continue to do so - as long as Shelvey keeps listening. Don't see any reason why he won't continue to be a key player, once (and if!) we return to the PL and also - forcing himself back into the England set up isn't beyond the realms of possibility for him. :)

I see we have already promotion in the bag :lol:

While I agree it will be tougher for him in Premier League, he finds space well and drops in when required. He is showing short and long passing range and happy to drop it off to defenders if being tracked. He's a class player if he keeps that consistency he has shown in last 10 games and we haven't had a midfielder with that passing ability for a long time, I have faith in Rafa to keep him right and to look a bargain at the 12 million we paid.

He's killing it at the moment, hope it continues. If we get to the prem next season I doubt Rafa will put all his eggs in one basket. I'm sure he'll have other creative options in the pipeline for teams who press more.

Google him and see all of the problems and issues and lack of commitment etc., that he has had in the past and you can't believe he is the same player.  Complete Rafamation

It helps that he's playing at a level where he's nearly always the most talented player on the pitch by a mile. The real test is next season

Guest firetotheworks

Yeah, it's getting to Enrique/Coloccini levels of overkill at this level like. It's a good grounding for players if they push on and use it in the right way though.