Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

I cannot stop watching that video, man. What the fuck is he actually doing? Is there some context to it that I'm missing?

Is that Colback and Anita entering the frame to the left?

The ref is definitely moving at Colback tempo there.

Guest firetotheworks

First time I saw that I thought it wasn't that bad until the second player has the ball. At that point it's ridiculous, how would the ball run loose when there's absolutely no one near to him as well. :lol: Can't wait to hate him.

I cannot stop watching that video, man. What the f*** is he actually doing? Is there some context to it that I'm missing?

Is that Colback and Anita entering the frame to the left?

I think the context is that he's obviously had a fall out with some people at the club and he couldn't be arsed any more. Which obviously doesn't excuse him doing that, but I would hope he doesn't do that on a regular basis.

There's a highlights video from this season on Youtube that looks quite encouraging. Always has his head up when he's on the ball and his first thought is always to carry the ball forward or ping it out to the wide players or hit the striker. Think he will do well for us.

Not sure how to embed vines, but I think this is exactly the sort of defensive performance we need from a midfielder.

:lol: Jesus Christ.

He is clearly trying to lift his teammates with a bit of humour. He's doing that thing where you put your hands over your knees and cross them over thereby looking knock kneed.  Well done I say if we had more players prepared to indulge in a bit of impromptu street humour the game would be much better. 

Tiote is underrated, when he plays the game of having the ball at his feet and you have to guess which of 3 potential opposition players he's going to pass to all he gets are groans. 

Our fans are absoluetly gutted.

Here's a few comments from our board http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/

"Currently having his medical, let's hope he passes!"

"Fingers crossed. I hope they dont do a brain cell count. As long as you dont need double figure we'll be in with a shot."

"I'm actually massively cheered by this news. Things need to change.Looks like they are."

"Start the car...I'll drive him there for that

5 year contract according to the Daily Mail.

Shelvey could yet help keep us up if we reinvest wisely."

"Can I pay for your petrol?"

We'll miss him honestly.

I'm sure he'll be a big part in your staying up this year, after time he'll change though.

See the Tiote thread.

That Chinese team are getting a cracking player but good riddance.

How? They clearly think he's shite and don't want him there :lol:

We'd be the same with the majority of our squad going elsewhere.

Same thing happens every time.

"Were signing James Perch, lets see what Forest fans say!"

Forest Fans - "He's shit"

"Bitter cunts, bet he's class"

6 months later

"I'd rather watch an England game than see James Perch in an NUFC shirt ever again"

No one's said that they care about the price, they're just talking about worth.

Too many people desperate to grasp anything that looks 'good'

I'm not desperate to grasp Jonjo Shelvey like. It's just that money is pretty much irrelevant to us as fans nowadays. Fees are defined by far more than a playing ability, and generally the money involved is a tiny proportion of what comes in from Sky anyway. And comparisons with other transfer fees barely even work, because people don't have/consider the full picture. No wage information, no bonus information, vague contract length details, and let's not forget the most important factor of all, potential resale value.

Just seems a better idea to discuss how he's a lazy son of a gun who went full Carver about 3 days ago.

Great post Sembo