Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

i'm not at all happy about this, but playing devils advocate for a moment, if we played him on the left wing and left him there for a number of games till his fitness and form returned could he not do some sort of job?

This should be the only way he is used IMO, and not as a replacement for Sissoko unless Sissoko is moving in-field to play alongside Shelvey and Saivet.

i'm not at all happy about this, but playing devils advocate for a moment, if we played him on the left wing and left him there for a number of games till his fitness and form returned could he not do some sort of job?

This should be the only way he is used IMO, and not as a replacement for Sissoko unless Sissoko is moving in-field to play alongside Shelvey and Saivet.

If he can play on the left and skin the full back to get some crosses in he might work.  Not convinced like.  Might as well give Thauvin the game time and spend the £12m on a new CB.  Or a better winger.

Quite a lot of money but I think he'd improve our team and would be a decent signing as long as it's not at the expense of a striker.

I didn't give a toss about the £12m spent on Shelvey.  As I think he's what we need and it wasn't actually a bad price. 

But £12m for a Spurs reserve player, who isn't even that good, is just ridiculous.

Is Charnley looking at Cabella and Thauvin, thinking that we can't afford to get anymore wide men from abroad?  So he's settling on a s*** English player, for the same money.  All because he's 'proven' in the premier league.

Don't like the idea of signing him.  Think he's a bit of a headless chicken and has always been wildly inconsistent. 

Said this a few times, so I won't harp on, why do you care about the fee?

Only question is will he improve us or not? Surely?

I don't give a f*** about the fee, if the player is half decent.  Hence why I didn't care what we paid for Shelvey.  It's nice to see us actually spending a bit. 

But for £12m, could we not find someone better than Andros f***ing Townsend?  I don't think he'll improve the team that much and considering we've always been tight f***ers.  I'd imagine it will put a big dent in whatever our budget is.

Quite a lot of money but I think he'd improve our team and would be a decent signing as long as it's not at the expense of a striker.

Also, what Wallsendmag said.  I can see us signing Townsend and then not buying a decent striker because of it.  Or settling for some 4th choice, no hoper.

Dont really want him, but looking on the bright side he does has the attributes to be good on the left. Great pace, decent left foot (not seen cross that much though) and at times has a good shot on him using either foot. At least it should make our attack more fluid as we can go either left or right, instead of every team knowing if we go wide it'll be through Sissoko/Janmaat

If he can play on the left and skin the full back to get some crosses in he might work.  Not convinced like.  Might as well give Thauvin the game time and spend the £12m on a new CB.  Or a better winger.

Or a left back. Or a striker.

Remember him being decent for a while in that spell at QPR but usually looks poor for Spurs, maybe the type of player who needs a run of games to get into form.

Two sub appearances and a loan to Marseille it is then.

:lol:

I don't know where all the negativity is coming from. He did well for Spurs for a while before they changed their playing style and he's done well for England as well.

He can cross a ball and score goals and we need both of those things. £12m is a bit of a pisstake but who cares?!  We need players who can make an impact now not next season, and if Townsend can do that (and i think he can) the money is irrelevant.

I don't care if we keep him for the rest of this season and sell him in the summer for £2m. If he helps us stay up it will have been a worthwhile signing

Remember him being decent for a while in that spell at QPR but usually looks poor for Spurs, maybe the type of player who needs a run of games to get into form.

A winger who may need a run of games to get into form... Now why does that ring a bell?

Aye, uninspired by this signing, but if we're dropping thauvin I think he'll alleviate the pressure on our right hand side for creativity. Should stretch teams and allow space for our genuinely talented players to work in.

Two sub appearances and a loan to Marseille it is then.

:lol: