Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

As far as I am concerned 'beggars can't be choosers'. There has been mass displeasure regarding foreign players, yet when we look to sign domestic based players there is further displeasure. Its like moaning as a kid because you never got the Nike trainers you wanted and then when your parents pushed the boat out and got them for you, you still moaned your tits off because they weren't the exact type.

At the end of the day we aren't going to get a player who is playing regularly at their clubs (Premier League based) due to the predicament we are in. Thats a fact. Andros Townsend may not be Raheem Sterling but he will improve our squad.

Aye but if your parents are loaded and it's your first pair of trainers in years you have every right to expect the exact pair

Who do people realistically want instead? More unproven shite from abroad?

Townsend has shown promise and been frozen out because Spurs won't accept that Lamela is a sunk cost. Give him a decent run and his has shown the raw attributes and consistency to be a quality winger.

That Hatem fella was proper turd, innit? and that Yohan bloke.

We don't even need this bloke. We've got Thauvin who requires a run of games to prove 'he can be a quality winger' and we've Perez who can do a job out wide until we find someone who will have a much bigger, sustained impact, a bit like that foreign cunt at West Ham who was signed for 8 fucking million - 33% cheaper than this sprinter.

Hatem and Cayabe don't offset Gouffran, Cabella, Thauvin, Anita etc. If there's another Hatem about then I certainly haven't seen him. Hatem was one in a million man, ridiculous hoping for anything other than the man himself.

Thauvin cannot be relied upon and Perez isn't really a left winger. Payet is another number 10 so not someone we need.

Anita does a better job than the 'english gritted' turd monkey next to him. Cabella was playing for Alan fucking Pardew and Gouffran cost about £3.86, I'm not sure we were expecting miracles from him.

As for Thauvin not being relied upon......:lol: How can you reach that judgement so quickly?

Colback and Anita are both total shite. Cabella and Thauvin just haven't settled, Thauvin especially. I'm tired of people making excuses for players not playing up to their true ability. There comes a stage where the blame needs to shift to the players.

:lol: Hasn't settled? He's only been in the country 4 and a half months.

I can't believe he's not hit the ground running when you think about it:

- Shite 'Head Coach'.

- Loads of change throughout the club/squad/first team.

- Various systems used.

- Five minutes here, five minutes there.

- Can't get a game and yet Gouffran has had pitch time.

- Gets a little run out, get's clattered, gets booed.

- Finds his place in the squad under threat from a young Linford Christie.

I mean, what excuse has he got when you look at it, really? Fucking french puff.

As far as I am concerned 'beggars can't be choosers'. There has been mass displeasure regarding foreign players, yet when we look to sign domestic based players there is further displeasure. Its like moaning as a kid because you never got the Nike trainers you wanted and then when your parents pushed the boat out and got them for you, you still moaned your tits off because they weren't the exact type.

At the end of the day we aren't going to get a player who is playing regularly at their clubs (Premier League based) due to the predicament we are in. Thats a fact. Andros Townsend may not be Raheem Sterling but he will improve our squad.

Aye but if your parents are loaded and it's your first pair of trainers in years you have every right to expect the exact pair

:lol: :clap:

Erik Lamela 23 years old - 85 apps for Spurs 14 goals

Townsend 24 years old -  86 apps for Spurs 10 goals

Obviously goals isn't the only way to measure things, but Lamela is hardly Messi with those stats. And neither is Townsend.

Why would you even present that as an argument?

Because it has more substance then 'I use my eyes'. And it shows in some respect that this supposed gulf between Lamela and Townsend just doesn't exist.

I don't think it's a particularly poor signing tbh but suggest it's just a case of Us moaning because they are not english bs then moan for the sake of it when they do its over simplistic. I want players signed to strengthen the team in the areas that are beside not because of tokenism. If they went all out to sign the likes of shawcross id see that they were addressing the real issues.

Obviously goals isn't the only way to measure things, but Lamela is hardly Messi with those stats. And neither is Townsend.

Because it has more substance then 'I use my eyes'. And it shows in some respect that this supposed gulf between Lamela and Townsend just doesn't exist.

No it doesn't, goals has never ever be an inclination of who is better than someone. Not to mention Lamela was s**** for Spurs for quite some time.

He's finally settled though and showing the form why he was so hyped to begin with and he usually gets called up for Argentina which considering the talent they have is actually relevant.

If you actually want me to explain here you go, he's better technically, he's a better passer, he's a better dribbler etc all in all he's just more talented across the board except for shooting and most of Townsend shots go in the crowd anyway. :lol:

You obviously haven't seen enough of either to analyse their strengths and weaknesses properly so just pull stats out your arse.

Hes left footed, right? Can he play as a wide left winger, or can he only play as cut inside shoot and miss right winger?

I had a look at the YT video and he seems to be able to strike the ball pretty well with both feet. I get the feeling he wouldn't be that hard to defend against though, seems pretty direct.

A loan would be ideal, although I'm worried it will be a 5.5 year deal.

Agreed. As much as I think he's a definite upgrade on what we have I doubt he is our long term solution, so to lead in with 12m and a long-term contract would be suicide.

Using solely your argument he's over 40% better though :lol:

Lamela is also notorious for being s**** in front of goal where as Townsend's left foot is apparently a wand.

Eh? I think the opposite applies. Lamela got 20 goals in his last year in Italy. Scored a rabona goal too.

While Townsend has the shit Robben image

No it doesn't, goals has never ever be an inclination of who is better than someone. Not to mention Lamela was s**** for Spurs for quite some time.

He's finally settled though and showing the form why he was so hyped to begin with and he usually gets called up for Argentina which considering the talent they have is actually relevant.

If you actually want me to explain here you go, he's better technically, he's a better passer, he's a better dribbler etc all in all he's just more talented across the board except for shooting and most of Townsend shots go in the crowd anyway. :lol:

You obviously haven't seen enough of either to analyse their strengths and weaknesses properly so just pull stats out your arse.

You say it yourself, Lamela was absolute shite when he first signed, not hard to improve on that. I don't agree with much of what you say, Townsend is a better dribbler and a better crosser. What I see of Lamela is someone who falls over in the wind, totally lacks any kind of end product and feasts on piss poor Europa League teams to pull out playground tricks. I've seen Lamela get shut down by Paul Dummett of all people. Not saying Townsend is any better, but he has the attributes to be moulded into a good winger. If he comes here and starts firing off no hope shots for fun then I'll accept I was wrong and he's just selfish.

I guess I'm past caring what we spend. If we loan him and he does well (which he probably will) he'll be off to West Ham or wherever in the summer.

I'm almost past caring but I think my point's valid, I know we're spending money recently but the moment we're hovering around midtable again we'll spend nothing and will be forced to watch absolutely wank players every week while achieving fuck-all. In that sense, I'd rather not spend money on someone like this when the going is "good". We should sign someone else, basically.

Think he's OK and will do a decent job for us once he has a run of games.

Would have been nice to see what thauvin could have done if afforded the same luxury but his attitude was clearly never right and I think Townsend will take his chances better.