Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My problem is the fact we've signed players who are neither end of the spectrum, they could work or they could fail. It's not like we've changed from risky young foreigners to guaranteed PL pros.

Agree, but maybe the position we're in at the moment means we have to rely on these gamble type players, the cream of the crop would be foolish to sign for a relegation threatened circus of a club like us.

My problem is the fact we've signed players who are neither end of the spectrum, they could work or they could fail. It's not like we've changed from risky young foreigners to guaranteed PL pros.

Agree, but maybe the position we're in at the moment means we have to rely on these gamble type players, the cream of the crop would be foolish to sign for a relegation threatened circus of a club like us.

Yep, probably correct, and proven PL players obviously cost a fortune as well. Especially if English.

Like others have said, I don't give two shits about the money as it's about time Fat Mike opened his fat wallet.

I've seen Townsend have games where he cuts in and shoots all the time, but these were all from the right wing. If we want him to play there than that's a mistake. I've seen him when playing left wing where he doesn't cut in very much, and will look to cross more. It's where McClaren decides to use him. The point is that he's a young player, has experience of the league, wants to come and clearly has ability. It's like people see he hasn't been playing for Spurs and assume we've signed Gouffran's disabled brother.

Surely people don't rate Lamela significantly above Townsend.

Safe to say at least one person does seeing as one starts every week for a side in the top four and the other one isn't even allowed on the bench during the cup games.

Yes, I rate Lamela as being a much better player than Townsend.  Every Spurs fan I know seems to think Townsend is shit.  Most seem to like Lamela and have said he has actually started to produce.  He just has a hefty price tag hanging over him. 

As far as I am concerned 'beggars can't be choosers'. There has been mass displeasure regarding foreign players, yet when we look to sign domestic based players there is further displeasure. Its like moaning as a kid because you never got the Nike trainers you wanted and then when your parents pushed the boat out and got them for you, you still moaned your tits off because they weren't the exact type.

At the end of the day we aren't going to get a player who is playing regularly at their clubs (Premier League based) due to the predicament we are in. Thats a fact. Andros Townsend may not be Raheem Sterling but he will improve our squad.

Who do people realistically want instead? More unproven shite from abroad?

Townsend has shown promise and been frozen out because Spurs won't accept that Lamela is a sunk cost. Give him a decent run and his has shown the raw attributes and consistency to be a quality winger.

That Hatem fella was proper turd, innit? and that Yohan bloke.

We don't even need this bloke. We've got Thauvin who requires a run of games to prove 'he can be a quality winger' and we've Perez who can do a job out wide until we find someone who will have a much bigger, sustained impact, a bit like that foreign cunt at West Ham who was signed for 8 fucking million - 33% cheaper than this sprinter.

Hatem and Cayabe don't offset Gouffran, Cabella, Thauvin, Anita etc. If there's another Hatem about then I certainly haven't seen him. Hatem was one in a million man, ridiculous hoping for anything other than the man himself.

Thauvin cannot be relied upon and Perez isn't really a left winger. Payet is another number 10 so not someone we need.

Anita does a better job than the 'english gritted' turd monkey next to him. Cabella was playing for Alan fucking Pardew and Gouffran cost about £3.86, I'm not sure we were expecting miracles from him.

As for Thauvin not being relied upon......:lol: How can you reach that judgement so quickly?

I rate Shelvey and Saivet sounds okay, but this one smacks of panic button. Spend the money on Austin.

Townsend's record on the left is poor, and I don't want to contemplate us playing him on the right because that probably means Sissoko being sold.

Erik Lamela 23 years old - 85 apps for Spurs 14 goals

Townsend 24 years old -  86 apps for Spurs 10 goals

Obviously goals isn't the only way to measure things, but Lamela is hardly Messi with those stats. And neither is Townsend.

Discounting the fee this is so much like the Colback signing man. We need a player in his position, 'there's no downsides' until you realise there's actually loads as he's going to be playing in our team for years to come.

At least with the forrins our xenophobic managers will boot them out of the squad when they're tragic.

Discounting the fee this is so much like the Colback signing man. We need a player in his position, 'there's no downsides' until you realise there's actually loads as he's going to be playing in our team for years to come.

At least with the forrins our xenophobic managers will boot them out if the squad when they're tragic.

Actually, you're right, I think this is the post that nails it, this bloke is going to be a guaranteed starter despite everyone knowing he's turd 3 weeks out of 4. Basically, the new Jack.

Safe to say at least one person does seeing as one starts every week for a side in the top four and the other one isn't even allowed on the bench during the cup games.

:lol: :thup: and that one person has more credibility than our entire management team/board.

Erik Lamela 23 years old - 85 apps for Spurs 14 goals

Townsend 24 years old -  86 apps for Spurs 10 goals

Obviously goals isn't the only way to measure things, but Lamela is hardly Messi with those stats. And neither is Townsend.

Why would you even present that as an argument?

Who do people realistically want instead? More unproven shite from abroad?

Townsend has shown promise and been frozen out because Spurs won't accept that Lamela is a sunk cost. Give him a decent run and his has shown the raw attributes and consistency to be a quality winger.

That Hatem fella was proper turd, innit? and that Yohan bloke.

We don't even need this bloke. We've got Thauvin who requires a run of games to prove 'he can be a quality winger' and we've Perez who can do a job out wide until we find someone who will have a much bigger, sustained impact, a bit like that foreign cunt at West Ham who was signed for 8 fucking million - 33% cheaper than this sprinter.

Hatem and Cayabe don't offset Gouffran, Cabella, Thauvin, Anita etc. If there's another Hatem about then I certainly haven't seen him. Hatem was one in a million man, ridiculous hoping for anything other than the man himself.

Thauvin cannot be relied upon and Perez isn't really a left winger. Payet is another number 10 so not someone we need.

Anita does a better job than the 'english gritted' turd monkey next to him. Cabella was playing for Alan fucking Pardew and Gouffran cost about £3.86, I'm not sure we were expecting miracles from him.

As for Thauvin not being relied upon......:lol: How can you reach that judgement so quickly?

Colback and Anita are both total shite. Cabella and Thauvin just haven't settled, Thauvin especially. I'm tired of people making excuses for players not playing up to their true ability. There comes a stage where the blame needs to shift to the players.