Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not a signing that is needed.

We have no wingers so I disagree. We have a centre forward who gets no service at all, we have no pace in the team and Townsend potentially provides both of these.

He might not be your cup of tea but we need decent, pacy wide players.

But how much fret does he have?

More than Thauvin and Obertan.

Thauvin who has played in a shit team, in a handful of games.

Obertan, another flying winger, who we overpaid for at the behest of a clueless manager from a better team. Hmmm.

I, for one, cannot wait to see him fly down the wing like a whippet, cut back in on his only foot and stick that ball in Row Z, time after time.

Exactly what happened and why he was dropped in Spurs.

In addition, to those who think he could provide service to Mitrovic, Townsend is also notorious for being selfish and always attempt to shoot rather than pass, hence why the new Robben comparison.

Who do people realistically want instead? More unproven shite from abroad?

Townsend has shown promise and been frozen out because Spurs won't accept that Lamela is a sunk cost. Give him a decent run and his has shown the raw attributes and consistency to be a quality winger.

Might get a new lease of life with a fresh start at a new club, I've been quite impressed with him when I've seen him and think it could end up being a good signing.

In terms of homegrown wingers hes a talent and the position we're in and the state the club is in, could we actually do that much better at the moment?

Not sure why people care about the transfer fee, we usually spend fuck all so its nice to see Ashley dipping his fat hands into his pockets.

Townsend has shown promise and been frozen out because Spurs won't accept that Lamela is a sunk cost. Give him a decent run and his has shown the raw attributes and consistency to be a quality winger.

The best players we can get within the budget regardless of where the player is from.

Averages 1 in 8 goals and this includes over 50 games I'm the championship [emoji38]

Armstrong had more goals for Coventry than Townsend has in his career [emoji38]

That Hatem fella was proper turd, innit? and that Yohan bloke.

We don't even need this bloke. We've got Thauvin who requires a run of games to prove 'he can be a quality winger' and we've Perez who can do a job out wide until we find someone who will have a much bigger, sustained impact, a bit like that foreign cunt at West Ham who was signed for 8 fucking million - 33% cheaper than this sprinter.

Can he cross? Have you seen evidence that he can beat a man and whip in a dangerous cross? Because that's what we need.

What I've seen is him flatter to deceive every single time by cutting in from the right and shooting, without fail.

I'd much rather give our existing unproven shite a run in the side than spunk away money on someone who has so far proven to be ineffective in the premier league, even if people like to pretend otherwise for some reason. 

That Hatem fella was proper turd, innit? and that Yohan bloke.

We don't even need this bloke. We've got Thauvin who requires a run of games to prove 'he can be a quality winger' and we've Perez who can do a job out wide until we find someone who will have a much bigger, sustained impact, a bit like that foreign cunt at West Ham who was signed for 8 fucking million - 33% cheaper than this sprinter.

Hatem and Cayabe don't offset Gouffran, Cabella, Thauvin, Anita etc. If there's another Hatem about then I certainly haven't seen him. Hatem was one in a million man, ridiculous hoping for anything other than the man himself.

Thauvin cannot be relied upon and Perez isn't really a left winger. Payet is another number 10 so not someone we need.

Think it's more accurate that he was frozen out because Lamela is a vastly the better footballer.

Aye :lol: he's another young English player who was massively overhyped after having a couple of decent games, and has failed to live up to expectation.

Who do people realistically want instead? More unproven s**** from abroad?

If you have begs of potential and worth to risk a relegation, like Mitrovic, fine.

If you aren't, you better be an established player who can immediately improve our team and save us from relegation.

Townsend is neither one of them.  Tell me the rationale for spending 12m on a player like him when we are 18 in the table.  With that part of money and decent research we definitely can find another Payet, but not Cabella or Thauvin, and now Townsend.  Fuck this club.