Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

'kin hell, not surprised there was a few bews when he came on (we'd do the same should a mackem every play for his country), but bewing his touches too?

aye.. bit ridiculous

scenes if he scores.. 'boooooo'

Did pretty well in his cameo. I'd take him ahead of Barkley I think.

Barkley just doesn't do anything. Townsend offers pace and width and can cross the ball. Useful to have on bench I would think.

Hope he goes and stays with us

I know I'm biased but I genuinely think he's our most natural and promising option on the flanks at present. Offers something different whether it be getting to the byline and getting crosses in, or cutting in and driving at players. Seems to have a good work ethic and is in good form. Would definitely take him atm.

I know I'm biased but I genuinely think he's our most natural and promising option on the flanks at present. Offers something different whether it be getting to the byline and getting crosses in, or cutting in and driving at players. Seems to have a good work ethic and is in good form. Would definitely take him atm.

Offers more than the ponderous and ineffective Sterling IMO.

Looked quality when he came on. Still cant believe we have this chap. Hope he stays. Hope he goes to the Euro's too but would hate another Michael Owen situation like in '06. My interest in the World Cup ended right there. Was distraught at the time. Now seems funny, the little cunt :lol:

“Obviously I’m grateful because I owe a lot to Newcastle for getting me playing Premier League football again and getting me back in the England squad.

“So I owe it to them and hopefully I did Newcastle proud when I came on.

Making the final 23 man Euros squad?:

“I’m not too sure, you will have to ask the manager.

“I got 10 to 15 minutes, I’ve done what I can, and if it’s not enough, then so be it – but if it is, then I’ll be delighted.

“ The manager has named a 26 man squad and everyone has been fighting to make the cut. Everybody’s the same and wants to be there, luckily I have got to come on and stake my claim and see what happens.”

Rafa Benitez staying:

“It was fantastic news and obviously it is no secret how well the manager did towards the end of last season.

“How well he got us playing and also how he got me playing well as well, getting me back to the form I’ve shown.”