Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wasn't it mentioned a while back that there was no such clause , press clearly have nowt to write about

Its bollocks, I remember the sameoutlets writing articles about how we where financially f***ed a few eeks before the end of the season as we had players on big money without any relegation clauses.

Nah, I'm sure that was to do with wages.  No clauses were put in Shelveys/Townsends contracts to reduce their salary in the event of relegation.  Its been widely reported Townsend does have a release clause though

Wasn't it mentioned a while back that there was no such clause , press clearly have nowt to write about

Its bollocks, I remember the sameoutlets writing articles about how we where financially f***ed a few eeks before the end of the season as we had players on big money without any relegation clauses.

Nah, I'm sure that was to do with wages.  No clauses were put in Shelveys/Townsends contracts to reduce their salary in the event of relegation.  Its been widely reported Townsend does have a release clause though

It would be insanity to have an £8m release clause for a player we paid £12m for 6 months ago. Mike Ashley doesn't do insanity clauses.

Luke Edwards ‏@LukeEdwardsTele  3m3 minutes ago

Townsend's release clause is £13m, which means #nufc will make a £1m profit if he goes this summer. Benitez will try to keep him though

if only pardew was still here. at least then we'd have known the real release clause. and he wouldnt have fannied on like rafa. we would have known it within 48 hours of the seasons's end.

Other than it being London, Palace does not make much sense unless he is desperate to leave at any cost.,

Where will he fit in, will Pardew improve him (no, judging his record here), will he get a significant pay rise?  West Ham are meant to be interested but surely he would be a squad player there.

To me, it would make sense to wait until January to see how we are doing because the current options don't seem that great at the moment - although of course that could change by the end of August.

For someone with England aspirations I think any PL team where you will get regular football is better than playing in the Championship.

Nobody remembers what you did two seasons ago though. The national coach will pick on the form shown in the most recent top flight season.

For someone with England aspirations I think any PL team where you will get regular football is better than playing in the Championship.

Nobody remembers what you did two seasons ago though. The national coach will pick on the form shown in the most recent top flight season.

Someone on the fringes like Townsend needs to keep himself in the picture.

I really like the lad. But it's in his best interests to leave. He's too good to play in the Championship. If he can get regular first team football for a decent side he could cement his spot in the squad.

I really like the lad. But it's in his best interests to leave. He's too good to play in the Championship. If he can get regular first team football for a decent side he could cement his spot in the squad.

I get the too good to play in the Championship stuff, but spending one season in there to help the side with the best chance of going back up is hardly going to hurt him. In fact the 40+ games he could get if he stays injury free could do him wonders, given how little two top tier games he's played for a 24 year old.  If we fail to go up he can of course make noises to leave, but everything makes sense to stick with it and come back up with us. I'm hoping he does and think he will.

Guest chopey

I think he will stay, who wouldn't ? when our midfield is made up of England internationals.

Townsend playing 1 year in the Chanpionship will have minimal bearing on his England career.

He only got in the provisional squad because we bought him, and he openly acknowledged that fact the other day. I think he could be tempted by a better club, but I don't see him being desperate to leave or owt.

I get the too good to play in the Championship stuff, but spending one season in there to help the side with the best chance of going back up is hardly going to hurt him. In fact the 40+ games he could get if he stays injury free could do him wonders, given how little two top tier games he's played for a 24 year old.  If we fail to go up he can of course make noises to leave, but everything makes sense to stick with it and come back up with us. I'm hoping he does and think he will.

There's what, 8-9 games played during next season.  He won't be considered for them.  We might also have a different national team manager.

I want him to stay. But I just don't see how it's in his best interest to stay.  He's not played a lot of PL football and he's 24.  Another season out the spotlight.

We'll see how things develop. West Ham, Everton and the like should be in for him if they have any sense.

We should send townsend out on loan to a prem team.  He can come back when we are promoted.

We're going to need him to get us promoted in the first place