Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Unlike most footballers, Townsend seems to have a brain. Whatever he does he will do for the right reasons, next season is a nothing really in terms of International football, so he could easily afford a season below.. he'll weigh this up.

I'd like the lad to stay as i think he'd tear it up this season but ultimately, this club is now gonna be going places.. so i'm not gonna get bothered by who's staying or going in the short term.

London is his home though. I wouldn't be surprised if he took the move. There's really no reason to stay beyond Rafa and whatever affinity for the area he has garnered after 6 months of shiteball.

London is his home though. I wouldn't be surprised if he took the move. There's really no reason to stay beyond Rafa and whatever affinity for the area he has garnered after 6 months of shiteball.

London was the same home when he was sat on the bench watching his career go down the pan. Why would an ambitious footballer give up the chance of potential glory at a great club to sign for poxy little club like Palace? If he did he's not the person I thought he was, but I reckon it's just  press speculation and so there's no point in making any judgements yet.

London factor, premier league factor, much better chance of getting into england squad if he's at a prem club and a probable wage rise as well, wouldn't be surprised in the slightest to see him move. I'll be surprised if he's still here come the end of the window.

London factor, premier league factor, much better chance of getting into england squad if he's at a prem club and a probable wage rise as well, wouldn't be surprised in the slightest to see him move. I'll be surprised if he's still here come the end of the window.

My thoughts exactly.

Also, whether our club is "great" is pretty fucking subjective.

Lots of people were using that same argument as to why Rafa would never stay here. I'd wait until we had more than just rumour to make a call on it.

I hope he stays and I think he will but I do wonder now Woy has gone whether he will be fearing for his England career. Hodgson rated him and said playing in the Championship was not a bar to him being called up. The new manager might have other thoughts.

I can see this happening unfortunately. I think we have to remember that we Newcastle United fans that had to put up with Pardew for years may have a different view on him than the football world. FFS the bloke in the running for the England job, he's been able to con a lot of people into thinking he's a decent manager for a long time.

If they've triggered the clause and met Townsend's demands (salary and guaranteed play time) then I would be shocked if he stayed, as I would be with virtually any other team from the PL that came in for him. Playing in the top division trumps everything even Rafa. I don't know if people recall we were top of the league in the championship and chasing Victor Moses, looked like we had him in the bag in January only for the might of PL side Wigan Athletic to start showing an interest and we suddenly had no chance. We have to get used to this and not think that Rafa is capable of miracles.

I know you can't begrudge him a PL move, but Crystal Palace? And Pardew?

It only hurts because it's them, I think they're one of the few PL clubs you can easily turn down in favour of us in the Championship.

I hope Rafa can work his magic, because we'll lose a good player and he'll soon be Pardewed.