Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keith Downie ‏@SkySports_Keith  4m

Understand Palace are interested, but unless a massive offer comes in expect Andros Townsend to start the season with NUFC in the Champ.

Start the season you say? To be quite honest i'm a damn sight more interested in where he'll be in September.

I

I think his end product is pretty good compared to what we've been used to, his main drawback for me is he tends to lose the ball a lot when he's taking players on. But that comes with the territory for his type of player.

Yeah with the "territory" point. I'm sure HBA copped a lot of criticism for the same thing, especially at the end when Pardew would throw him on for the last 10 minutes.

I think he cuts inside too much. In the brief time I saw him playing on the left, he did it there too. I say this because I think it makes him predictable.

Think he will stay personally, has a rapport with Rafa and I think he can use this season to make him stronger for the next under Rafa and getting a full solid season under his belt, which he wouldn't be guaranteed at a Premier League club to an extent.

I think his end product has looked good since hes came in, surprising to me that he was criticized for this while at Spurs, seems to cross quite well with both feet too.

Would be gutted if we did lose him, I think him, Lascelles, Mbemba, Dummett, Mitro and Perez are the core players we must keep this season above all others.

Think he will stay personally, has a rapport with Rafa and I think he can use this season to make him stronger for the next under Rafa and getting a full solid season under his belt, which he wouldn't be guaranteed at a Premier League club to an extent.

I think his end product has looked good since hes came in, surprising to me that he was criticized for this while at Spurs, seems to cross quite well with both feet too.

Would be gutted if we did lose him, I think him, Lascelles, Mbemba, Dummett, Mitro and Perez are the core players we must keep this season above all others.

Totally agree with this.

Cabaye had little choice really.  If the local journalists are to believed he wanted to come back here and we were not interested.  He was desperate to leave PSG and only Palace were seemingly interested.  I certainly don't remember a load of clubs chasing him.  And then there is the fact that he has undue influence with Pardew which means that he knows he would get his own way all the time.

• 3 weeks later...