Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest reefatoon

I hope he just stays. No point in leaving for s*** clubs like Palace, even if they are a league above us. Sit it out for a year, and if somehow we don't get promoted  :yao: he can leave next summer.  I have a good feeling he will hang around and absolutely destroy the championship.

We should send townsend out on loan to a prem team.  He can come back when we are promoted.  Loic Remy did just that.

This opinion

http://i.imgur.com/S4gGJJt.gif

Weird this 8m clause and palace rumor is still being peddled since local journos have confirmed it is 13m. Will have to get used to it though. This type of stuff us going to happen for every player until the window closes.

Loaning out our higher profile players for a season isn't exactly the worst idea in the world.  Means we don't have to accept any bids that aren't as high as we want (I don't believe that Rafa wouldn't come under pressure to accept some bids, regardless of what's been said), might mean that our players (Townsend) don't exercise release clauses in their contracts if they want to stay but don't want to understandably play Championship football, will take some of the higher earners of the wage bill and will allow us to retain players who, under Rafa, might flourish (Wijnaldum, Sissoko, Mbemba etc) and that we actually want to keep but don't want to take a year out of their career.

You do that if you're desperate and need to lower the wage bill (like QPR with Remy). We don't seem to need to. If they can't stay one season then sod them. People like Townsend in particular must have known when he signed there was a fair chance we'd go down. If he wants to leave then good luck to him, but I don't like the idea of him and others buggering off for a year then coming back.

I wish he'd come out and said something about staying at the club under a top manager like Rafa being better than jumping ship to a shithouse club and manager like Palace.

Basically I wish he'd called Pardew out as a cunt I suppose.

Can't have everything.

Good lad.