Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It'll be much better playing at SJP under Rafa next season than it will be at Palace. Guess he thinks he can't get in the England team if he's not in the PL.

Anyway, not attached to any individuals any more really, just hope we can continue to strengthen the team.

Bit annoying but not to be expected. Will he get in the Palace team? Why are they hoarding the same player? Got Sako, Bolasie, Zaha and Puncheon now all vying for the position whichever CM they play on the wing currently.

Serves us right for getting relegated. He was probably the only one that couldn't have any blame hoyed his way.

Like said before i haven't seen him play for us, but is he more effective on the counter compared to trying to break down/unlock deep defending defensive lines?

Or is he good in both situations? Not sure how to explain it :lol:

Guest reefatoon

Smacks of desperation. Surely he could have held out for a better club if he is gagging to get back in the PL. Palace are such a shit little club, who will be hanging around the bottom most the season. Such a daft move for him.

Rafa could always say no.

I don't think so, he has a release clause.

Rafa can figure a way around that. Rafa is above the law.

Depends entirely on the wording. I've not seen whether it's automatic must sell or they get to talk to him. Either way, crap move for him if he goes but all the best and good effort.

Annoyed that townsends agent has obviously engineered this move but Townsend will regret it when we are back in the EPL next season riding high with the rafa revolution and palace are in the bottom half.  This is Pardew all over .  He can't motivate players for more than one season hence he keeps buying new faces for positions he doesn't need.  Be interesting to see howTownsend performs under Pardew after he credited rafa with his improvement in form.  Townsends loss as far as I'm  concerned.

Guest reefatoon

Turning Rafa down to play for Pardew, don't care what divisions the teams are in, that move is fucking batshit crazy. The stupid twat.

Guest awaymag

good, get it sorted and move on - don't want this dragging into the end of August - now sort our Sissoko and Gini, either they confirm they are staying or get shot quick so we focus on positivity instead of having this will he won't he threat over us

Guest ElCid

shouldn't have put a clause in the first place and then if he wasn't prepared to come without it then should have told him to fuck off.

Disappointing but I'm not too bothered, especially as it looks like we sorted his replacement in advance - another indication we're actually going to be run like a proper football club from now on.