Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can't get over this :lol:

It's Marveaux, Ben Arfa, Thauvin, Cabella, Gouffran ... all over again. If only there was a job for ruining players then Pardew would be set.

He didn't manage Thauvin, he barely had 4 months with Cabella, and as for 'ruining' Gouffran. :lol:

Seriously, I don't wanna defend Pardew but you've got to cork this never-ending stream of rubbish posts.

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt because Kaka's usually sound, recently though... :lol:

Insert Blackadder

It's Marveaux, Ben Arfa, Thauvin, Cabella, Gouffran ... all over again. If only there was a job for ruining players then Pardew would be set.

He didn't manage Thauvin, he barely had 4 months with Cabella, and as for 'ruining' Gouffran. :lol:

Seriously, I don't wanna defend Pardew but you've got to cork this never-ending stream of rubbish posts.

His grubby ways linger at a club for ages and pollute everything that comes after for at least the next 6 months.

Look at Palace. Thinking they were good because he left. They have no idea how long they still will suffer for. They're in for a real bad time still.

Pardew's fault IMO. No question. That's my view pal, so get on board with it.

:razz:

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt because Kaka's usually sound, recently though... :lol:

Insert Blackadder

:lol:

Also worth mentioning though that Townsend doesn't want to play in the championship, he made sure when he joined that a relegation release clause was added and then left as soon as a premier league club came in for him

He's not a benchwarmer either, he's basically playing every game. If it was a case of him not playing like at Spurs then this could happen but he's playing regularly in London with family close

Townsend didn't want to play in the Championship because he feared it would harm his England prospects though. He is well out of the picture out of the moment and doesn't appear to be enjoying life at Palace either.

Didn't he make the last England squad?

Yes

Aye, back in November. I'd be shocked if he made the next one.

Townsend's a good winger, but not that surprising that Fat Sam doesn't rate him, this is the twat who wouldn't start Defoe because the 'modern striker has to do more than just score goals' or words to that effect.

Townsend's a good winger, but not that surprising that Fat Sam doesn't rate him, this is the t*** who wouldn't start Defoe because the 'modern striker has to do more than just score goals' or words to that effect.

Then Defoe saved his hippo bacon.

Can hippo meat be classed as bacon?

If we would be getting the Townsend we had at the end of last season, 13 million is an absolute no brainer. It's unsure though if he's still that player after Pards has had his mits on him. Loan to permanent is the best option for us, but if the price dropped to 10 million or so, you should open the wallet and not look back.

I'd take him back, don't hate the guy.

At the time I could understand him for leaving BUT the thing that annoyed most is the club/manager he chose to join. Pardew is the devil and we knew it would end badly BUT it's unfair to expect him to have shared the same dislike we have for Pardew.

He thought he was doing the right thing, we knew it wasn't and we have proven to be right.

Rafa can get him back in form and that's the important thing, if Rafa is willing to sign him then he obviously understood why he wanted to leave and he would have done it in a respectful way.

Reminds me of the littlest hobo with that great theme tune.

"Maybe tomorrow I'll want to settle down......... until tomorrow I'll just keep moving on"

This is gathering pace.

Its gonna happen isnt it?

If true, i'd say the Mirror's article today has decreased the chance's of it happening.

If they're not willing to loan him out, I can't see us willing to pay £13m for him. Not in this window anyways.

Rafa gets what he wants and he wants someone badly

This is gathering pace.

Its gonna happen isnt it?

If true, i'd say the Mirror's article today has decreased the chance's of it happening.

If they're not willing to loan him out, I can't see us willing to pay £13m for him. Not in this window anyways.

Rafa gets what he wants and he wants someone badly

Take me now Rafa

Guest firetotheworks

Reminds me of the littlest hobo with that great theme tune.

"Maybe tomorrow I'll want to settle down......... until tomorrow I'll just keep moving on"

I've never even watched the littlest hobo, or seen anything about it really, but I've always found that quote proper canny.