Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Honestly can't bring myself to care about this either way. Would be nice to get him, but meh if not.

Our strength in depth doesn't allow us to be 'meh' about this imo. Without another 2-3 bodies, we're going to need to be pretty lucky with injuries to be consistent enough to win this league.

Not that I want us to bend over backwards for Andros Townsend like. Although my assumption is that we're most likely the ones playing "hardball" aka "being cunts".

I would really like us to sign him but I don't think we will. Allardyce/Palace clearly want the dollar but we'll blatantly stick, rather than twist. They're not going to sanction overpayment on players when promotion is all but achieved.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone else comes in for him and we get QPR'd/Remy'd. Palace clearly want to sell, it doesn't just have to be to us.

Guest Howaythetoon

Can't believe people are indifferent, like. We f***ing start Gouffran. Sammy Ameobi actually came on for us the other day. :lol:

Howay Ron, the way he left and to Palace and Pardew of all clubs and people...

He's not only an idiot, he obviously didn't buy in to the club and Rafa otherwise he would have stayed. He would have torn this league up, established himself as a real cult hero here and in Rafa had a manager who would have improved every aspect of his game to the point where he would develop into a top-class player. He gave all that up because he's a thick cunt with no ounce of respect for his career. Its all about the now for players like him, instant money, glory and fame. Again he can fuck off and I actually rate the player and have done for a number of years now. On his day he's a huge threat and a very good player.

Can't believe people are indifferent, like. We fucking start Gouffran. Sammy Ameobi actually came on for us the other day. :lol:

Just don't like him much any more, and we will get promoted anyway.

Same, but I'd take him if we got offered. I would regard a move for him the same as with Remy, basically a marriage of convenience. I don't expect any loyalty from him after he jumped ship, but then we don't need to give any back. Just use him while he's here then get someone better.

If we continue our form from our last 10 games, we will be fortunate to finish in the top 2, never mind top. Signing Townsend and a CM would be an important step in strengthening the squad for the second half of the season, allowing us to actually push on, but instead, meh we'll be fine.

Can't believe people are indifferent, like. We fucking start Gouffran. Sammy Ameobi actually came on for us the other day. :lol:

If we're getting promoted anyway surely it would make sense to buy a couple of players of Premier League quality now, then.

Can't believe people are indifferent, like. We f***ing start Gouffran. Sammy Ameobi actually came on for us the other day. :lol:

If we're getting promoted anyway surely it would make sense to buy a couple of players of Premier League quality now, then.

£12m these days buys you Jeff Schlupp as a proven PL player. Yet we don't wan to sign Townsend?

If we can get them of course, never said otherwise. I just said I wouldn't be too disappointed if we don't get Townsend.

If he comes then the moment he hits a few good performances the people disliking him or even don't want him here will suddenly forget those feelings.

He's a good player and Rafa can get good stuff from him. Townsend and Ritchie on the wings will be class.

The form he showed last 7-8 games though has to be the norm. If that's the Townsend we get, £12m is brilliant and a player we can take with us back to the top 8-10 down the line.

He never did that consistently at Spurs or so far at Palace so there's no guarantee at all we'll see the Townsend of March onwards. I can forgive and forget him leaving us, but I'm not that arsed because I think we'll come up with or without him, and I think we can get someone potentially better once we're up.

Can't believe people are indifferent, like. We f***ing start Gouffran. Sammy Ameobi actually came on for us the other day. [emoji38]

He played for Pardew man, the hurricane that ruined so many players. Luckily only played for him for few months so can hopefully recover